Busy few months - FTO Gone have a new Mitsubishi

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Busy few months - FTO Gone have a new Mitsubishi

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:55 pm

Well lads, haven't been on much lately as I have had a busy few months.

Last time I was on the GS failed the NCT on emmissions and some cosmetic issues, bit of rust on roof and cracked windscreen :(

Anyway as the mileage was clocking up on the car I was in two minds of whether to repair or buy a new one. I started browsing the web for new motors, mainly looking at Mitsubishi's and my choice came down to 1.6 Mivec either Mirage or Lancer, another GS FTO or a newer CZT Colt. Anyway as it happens I came across a pristine GS in Laois, white, one owner, 1999, NCT'd, exhaust system, immaculate inside and out and was only imported in 2009, I think. Anyway I went and secured a credit union loan only to discover it was sold from under me. I was gutted and wasn't confident I would find another GS that clean. My GS was sitting outside, repair work moving very slowly.

To cut a long story short, I dropped the FTO price to €1,000 and got interest. About a month ago a German family came to look at the car in Blessington, and low and behold I sold it that day, The new owner told me he was taking it to Germany that evening and had no need for an NCT. :smt003 I was delighted, she went to a good home and will be considered very exotic in Germany where she'll be well looked after into her retirement.

I continued my search for a new motor and in the end bought an immaculate Mitsubishi Lancer MR MIVEC. Its bog standard bar the front grill. Pulling well and engaging MIVEC @5,200rpm everytime. First time I've had a 4 door car but was just happy to be back in a MIVEC which I've really missed. Unfortunately a V6 MIVEC is still out of the question due to insurance.

Anyway lads I wanted to drop back on and fill you in as The Irish Mitsubishi FTO Owners Club has been good to me over the year I had my FTO. So if you'll have me I'll drop along to meets in the Lancer and continue to contribute to the club until the day I eventually get a GPX :twisted:

Yere a sound bunch of lads, thanks for the advice, help and troubleshooting & the warm welcome at Kinvara meet :)

Here's a few snaps of the Lancer -

[img]http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p447/dave1987_photo/Mitsubishi%20Lancer%20MR%20Mivec/DSCF8035.jpg][/img]

Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Re: Busy few months - FTO Gone have a new Mitsubishi

Postby StewyD32 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:13 pm

Cograts on your sale and the new purchase. The body looks spotless.
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby goz_83 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Jaysus! Not even the cat looked interested....was it peeed off about the FTO getting sold? :P

Nice lancer mate...What she cost you? Looks sweet I have to say.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:37 pm

StewyD32 wrote:Cograts on your sale and the new purchase. The body looks spotless.

Cheers Stewy :)

goz_83 wrote:Jaysus! Not even the cat looked interested....was it peeed off about the FTO getting sold? :P

Nice lancer mate...What she cost you? Looks sweet I have to say.

haha that little b*lox was in most of the pictures :D

Just under 3k thanks dude, Miss the FTO alright, but ya cant beat having MIVEC back
Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby goz_83 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:41 pm

Fair price. You need to sort out the missing piece of exhaust i think.

My cats (3 of them) love to walk their muddy paws all over my car. I feel like shooting the little feckers when i open the door and see paw prints all over the bloody thing.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mitsubishi-Mental » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:53 pm

Yeah I know haha, thinking of a Cat-Back (pardon the pun) system for it shortly enough.
Wicklow Vtec Fighter
Mitsubishi-Mental
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Return to General FTO Discussion