Gumball Rally - wow!

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Gumball Rally - wow!

Postby adrian » Mon May 23, 2005 3:02 pm

Hi all,

Well, what an experience. You know the gumball rally? Well, myself and the lady were in Rome over the weekend and walked round into a big square and saw a s*it load of hot cars there. It was the Rome stop over of the famous gumball rally! Saw:

Ferrari Enzo
Pagani Zonda
Ferrari F40
Porsche Carrera GT
Merc SLR Maclaren
Tonnes of F355s, 911's
Nobles

Jodi Kidd
Caprise
Jonny Knoxville
Quintan Tarintino
Daryl Hannah
to name but a few

I have photos that I will try and get up tomorrow or so

Web site at

www.Gumball3000.com

I looked up about entering it next year (as there were some "normal" cars too) but it's 10,000 sterling!! Amazing....
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby soc » Mon May 23, 2005 4:18 pm

I would have loved to see that.....
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Mon May 23, 2005 5:09 pm

Just having a look through the gumball3000 site, Maximillion (guy running it??) with his "Ferrari 550LM General Lee"! :shock: Dat no way to paint a Ferrari!! Reminding of a guy who was spinning around europe on FTOOC, and saw a red ferrari (could have been a 430, not sure) with spinners!

Honestly, you shouldn't be allowed have cars like that if you don't have good taste!! :lol:

Kev.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby kevinod » Mon May 23, 2005 5:18 pm

Man, that rally is the biz though... Is there anything stopping you 'happening' to be driving on the same route though? :wink:
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby adrian » Mon May 23, 2005 8:15 pm

kevinod wrote:Man, that rally is the biz though... Is there anything stopping you 'happening' to be driving on the same route though? :wink:

Thats exactly it... I reckon myself and me wife will defo go next year and follow at least some of it.... she's as big a petrol head as myself.

Amazing to see.
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby CJ » Tue May 24, 2005 8:25 am

adrian wrote:she's as big a petrol head as myself

Right, I'm going off topic here but it is the off topic forum ;)

If your other half happens to be a petrol head, is this as a result of years of brainwashing by yourself or genuine interest on their part?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby adrian » Tue May 24, 2005 8:29 am

In my case it's genuine interest from her... (but I do have to thank her Dad for taking her to stock car racing on Sundays and to motor shows etc when she was young.) Admittedly, I have done a certain amount of brainwashing too though, whether needed or not!
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Mustang » Tue May 24, 2005 8:53 am

Adrian wrote
I looked up about entering it next year (as there were some "normal" cars too) but it's 10,000 sterling!!

That includes accommodation though, doesn't it?
Not bad for the ultimate driving holiday, including top notch accomodation, champagne receptions, motoring exotica and hob nobing with celebrities!

Based on accepted wisdom you'd want to factor in a few quid extra for speeding fines if you are going to keep up with the posse.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue May 24, 2005 9:19 am

CJ wrote:........If your other half happens to be a petrol head, is this as a result of years of brainwashing by yourself or genuine interest on their part?

CJ

My other half has become a brainwashed petrolhead - mainly due to my constant barraging of useless motor info that seeps into any conversation we seem to have. That and the fact we have had some nice cars over the past few years and she has come to appreciate the difference between a 1.0 litre supermini and a 2litre V6 performance car.

The problem is we have had to feed two habits rather than one! :?
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Tue May 24, 2005 9:52 am

MfFTO wrote
My other half has become a brainwashed petrolhead - mainly due to my constant barraging of useless motor info that seeps into any conversation we seem to have.

Me too! The 'girl racer' mentality is the result of brainwashing. :twisted: Constant useless motoring trivia, power outputs, turbos, 0-60 times, car prices, etc, ect. A lot of women (huge sweeping statement!) would happily potter around in their micras and polos, most would appreciate a sports car...but think it's unaccessable, or too expensive, or something and so don't bother. Once you've had a taste of the good life it's hard to go back to driving a 1L shopping trolly :wink:
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue May 24, 2005 10:15 am

Mustang wrote:Once you've had a taste of the good life it's hard to go back to driving a 1L shopping trolly :wink:

Surely the 156 engine has a larger displacement?

/goes and hides :)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mustang » Tue May 24, 2005 10:24 am

CJ wrote
Surely the 156 engine has a larger displacement?

/goes and hides

:evil:

:lol: :wink:

Indeed it does and I can now transport the shopping at high velocity. (note to self must get a cargo net!).
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Tue May 24, 2005 10:28 am

Mustang wrote:............ (note to self must get a cargo net!).

Might as well add a couple of baby seats as well Mustang - Once she convinced you to sell the sports car and buy a house - theres only one way you're headed. :wink:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Tue May 24, 2005 10:32 am

MfFTO wrote
Might as well add a couple of baby seats as well Mustang - Once she convinced you to sell the sports car and buy a house - theres only one way you're headed.

We'll see, watch this space :|
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Tue May 24, 2005 1:04 pm

Mustang wrote:MfFTO wrote
Might as well add a couple of baby seats as well Mustang - Once she convinced you to sell the sports car and buy a house - theres only one way you're headed.

We'll see, watch this space :|

I'm in your corner mustang.... some day I'll be back in an uncomprimising sports coupe!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Off Topic