Time to spill the beans

A forum dedicated to quick Japanese motors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Time to spill the beans

Postby gary d » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:49 pm

Is this your first rwd car? All my cars to date have been fwd, defo my next car will be rwd or 4wd i.e scooby ,BMW, 200sx somethin like that. more involved drive IMO
99 Subaru Impreza Turbo, 95 Mitsubishi FTO gpx, 2000 Nissan Micra.
gary d
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby Dragonheart » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:41 am

First one ya, but to be honest I'm very wary especially in the frosty mornings and taking off at lights if turning off, cause of the cold and the severe risk of ice every morning its not unusual for the back wheels to spin a bit when taking off, especially with the auto cause you're giving it a little bit more of a push to get it going from standstill. I reckon the rwd is def more fun when you have loads of open space, like a big gravelled car park or something, but on some of the roads I'm driving I'm not confident enough yet to really push it, some of the roads are really dangerous regarding no protection, and as they are so high up in places there is ice on the corners, I had 2 scares the first weekend I got it, and that was going pretty slow.

Oh another thing I thought of in comparison to back home is parking, over here you get the first hour free, and every hour after is €1.20, thats in the city centre, in comparison to about €2.80 every hour in Cork city central in the Q-Park. Also if you want you can reserve a space for €50 a month, unlimited parking. The parking on weekends in the car parks is free, which is a big change too.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby miss-enzo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:52 pm

omg i hate u!!!! I LOVE FAIRLADY'S!! if i had some spare cash and a garage, id be off to england to get me one of these!!!

i saw one last night actually and couldnt stop lookin at it!!! for a car of that age they still get looks off people!!!

Congrats on the new purchase! :D best of luck with her!!

Ps on the topic of "Difiin" from what i saw last night they are fair handy to go round and round, even with only one wheel spinning!!
My FTO is for sale viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12725
miss-enzo
My other car's an FTO...as well
My other car's an FTO...as well

Postby Dragonheart » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:47 pm

Sold El Z'o last night. Amazing the bargains some people will try and get, had it for sale for $3000, and people were offering 2200 and less, even had one fella ask me would I take 1700 for it! Cheek!
Anyway its gone now, I had done a small bit of cosmetic work to bring it up to scratch again, and it looked savage as it drove away. Sorry to see it go but delighted it sold cause it was the only thing holding us up here if it didn't go.
And bonus, got the 3K for it too, delighted! :D (Still peanuts for the car it is though but it means I had a car over here for 7 months for free apart from petrol costs!)
If I had another one I'd go the manual TT route. The NA has the oomph, but because its a pretty heavy car, it takes a small bit of time to get full power down, the RWD is savage though, found a gravel area in the middle of nowhere and it was so easy to do whatever you wanted, brilliant. The auto gearbox wasn't bad, but its not the same having no control over gears.
After owning this I can REALLY say, anyone who thinks tiptronic is automatic is insane and hasn't got a clue about tip boxes! There is no comparison whatsoever, its a totally different driving experience and ok you put a tip into auto mode but anyone spouting off about tips being auto!? Drive one, you'll see.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby optical illusion » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:36 pm

Martin, do you mind me asking why you are coming home? It's no better here, if not worse.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:54 pm

optical illusion wrote:Martin, do you mind me asking why you are coming home? It's no better here, if not worse.

I don't mind at all;

Got let go, and if I do get a job, its going to be minimum wage, which is $12 an hour, thats 6euro, that would be the 2 of us on minimum wages with rent to pay, and car loans back home to pay, we'd be living here at a lose, it was hard enough to try to scrape things together anyway as wages are so low, and that was with me getting a well paid job.
So if we go home, then even if I get bar work or whatever, or if the worst comes to the worst, go on the dole for a couple of months, then we'll be making more than we were here. And we can live with either my parents or Graces for a while till we get sorted, so limitsthe rent too. Plus theres the obvious thing of missing home, and the people, etc.
Its a great country to come with your euros or sterling, but to work its bloody hard to survive on the wages here especially with loans back home.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Previous

Return to Japanese Performance