electrical aerial - sorted

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

electrical aerial - sorted

Postby flynmo » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi guys I recently bought a fto and the electrical aerial don't work I checked the cable goin from the boot to the stereo and everything seems to be looking OK so I took out the CD player and found that there was another cable with an aerial type head on it but its not plugged in anywhere can anyone tell me if this is the cable that is going to the electrical aerial and what is needed to get it back in action again here is a pic
flynmo
1st gear
1st gear

Re: electrical aerial

Postby CJ » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:38 am

Ignore the small antenna plug, its used for diversity / TV signals on Jap head units.

Make sure the 5V antenna trigger (pink wire on FTO loom) is connected to the stereo lead.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby flynmo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Hello Cj, I just read your reply yesterday and today I took cd player out and i seen two pink wires,
one was cut off from the loom and the other had a blue jack head type connector on it. I took the blue cable from the cd player jack that said ''power antenna'' on it
and bent the top of the silver contact and it slotted into the blue jack head,it stuck in perfectly, powered up the cd player and the aerial went up :D and switch works also
so thank you Cj for your help, i will attach a pic it may help some other ppl out

flynmo
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:08 am

flynmo wrote:so thank you Cj for your help, i will attach a pic it may help some other ppl out

You're welcome flynmo, glad you got it sorted.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to FTO Technical