FTO bits and pieces for sale

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

Re: FTO GPX facelift extras for sale/swap

Postby Bernard » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:45 pm

Just looking at the prices, out of curiosity are the seat covers genuine leather rather than the more common leatherette?
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bartpabicz » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:24 pm

I would be more than happy to make any test for you Bernard. After the spoiler thing I prefer to be 100% sure.
have you seen Zeitgeist The Movie? You should...
Bartpabicz
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby StewyD32 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:06 pm

You know I'd be interested in the seats Bart, but if you don't even know what they are and the price they are set at it's going to put everyone off. Do you know if they are genuine leather or leatherette?
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby Bartpabicz » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:53 pm

Stewy I'm not a petrolhead - and that's putting it mildly. I base my knowledge about what I have installed in my car on whatever the previous owner has informed me of/put down on his ad, and whatever information I might gather from other FTO Owners Club members, and Internet. Same goes for prices. Much to my disappointment, there's no tag attached to seats saying "genuine leather" (I'm not being smart here). I am however readily available to provide the prospective buyer with all information/photos/etc. I might have at my disposal. Perhaps I should have put the information regarding my mechanical literacy in the first post, and I will do that straight away.

I understand that it might put people off, but at the same time I'm counting on some understanding in this matter. I'm not your average car/FTO owner who knows what parts of suspension are there or where the air filter is located without prior looking it up on the net. I'm learning, but I started pretty much from the scratch. I take good care of the car which means I keep it clean and service it regularly with a professional mechanic. If you, or any other potential buyer, do not trust such seller as myself, by all means you have right to do so, and I understand that.

So, just to be clear on that - I posted what I have for sale based on outside sources of information as I am not very well acquainted with car-related stuff in general. If you are interested in any item, by all means please ask me to double- and triple-check that it is what I claim it is. I am glad to provide you with pictures at any given time. I have no receipts nor other ways for a mechanically-illiterate person as myself to confirm that ITG induction kit is indeed an ITG induction kit except from what I can make out on the casing/mesh. For example.

I apologize for any inconvenience that might cause.
Bartpabicz
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Gerry » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:27 pm

I dont mean to be smart here bart, but selling pieces off your car may not be the best of ideas.
In order for this to work i think you need to know fto`s and be able to wheel and deal.
A great example would be Seb, he knows ftos inside out and knows where to get the bits and pieces to replace the bits he had sold.

This idea will work for a guy who knows what the valuable parts are worth, has a fair idea that he can sell them for a good fair price, but more imprtantly knows where he can pick up a matching replacement part whilst making a worth while profit.
If you cannot do this than you are waisting your time and effort.

If you feel that you can do this fair enough, if not, sell the whole car and take the hit.
Gerry
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby Bartpabicz » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:40 pm

I'll take that into consideration Gerry, thanks for sharing that with me. Right now I'm a bit in a tight spot with all that bare and apparent lack of knowledge on my part - this thread is pretty much ruined, with nobody but me respionsible :wink: Still I hope I will stumble upon a willing buyer who will understand my position and the fact that I have no ill intentions. I do have a few bits which I could swap + cash, therefore allowing me to drop the price accordingly. Otherwise I'm afraid I'll be too stubborn to lose too much on that sale. I'll just wait and see how situation will unfold. If nobody will be interested in these bits, I'll reconsider dropping the price. Thanks again Gerry, much appreciated.
Bartpabicz
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:36 am

Good point Gerry. A couple of days before joining this site a few weeks ago, I swapped a 02 Ford Transit to get myself back into a car. I am an FTO owner by accident and was going to sell the van for €1500, so you might say that was my investment (the fto i swapped for was advertised for €2800 by the way). About a week later, I bought a 94 gr from Gerry @ €850 (advertised for €1100) in pretty good condition and decided to keep it over the 95 gr. I have broken the 95 model for the camskill exhaust, induction kit and spares. I sold the rear bumper, headlights, and one rear light to other members at what I would consider to be knock down prices. I have ordered bits and pieces costing a tidy sum and have put many hours into the car too. I bought the red bolt engine dress up kit from dilogoat @ €60. Bought the facelift bumper from Gerry at €100 and gave him stock wheels back and the stock backbox too. I will also be putting leatherette seats in, costing over €300 and a day to install i hear.

I guess what I am trying to say is: Although I have put more than the value into my 94 gr and will soon triple that sum, I accept that it will still only sell for under 1k. If it's a hit you can't take Bart, you might feel better keeping the car. It does look pretty nice, so I wouldn't blame you for being stubborn on price. I would think 2k is the most you can expect to see in a sale, without ripping the extras out. I am no expert, but that's what I think. I will follow this closely, as I do like the car.
Last edited by goz_83 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby d_dan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:30 am

The way things have gone cars are only worth what someones willing to pay. And remember you need to considder what other cars are available for the same price. Mods will help you sell a car sometimes but will only be worth A minimal difference to the price. If we are looking for for 2k
We need to considder cars that are as fast and easier to insure than a fto or you could spend a little more and get an evo.

But to be fair I do think youll get 2k for it its just a waiting game these days.
Is it an english import? If it was id definitely put it for sale on pistonheads. theres alot bigger market there.and you may have better look selling it.
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bartpabicz » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:28 pm

I'll look up this Pistonheads website as it is an English import, thanks Dan. I can't help but wonder though, who would travel all the way to Cork to pick up a car when threre's so many FTO's out there in the UK already? Doesn't hurt to try I guess :)
Last edited by Bartpabicz on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bartpabicz
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby d_dan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:46 pm

I went to the uk for mine. With the way cars have gone ober here the enhlish are now atarting to come here for cars. Be sure to post it as pre registered on uk plates.
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bartpabicz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:52 pm

all the bits are still available.
Bartpabicz
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Muad_dib77 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Is the bonnet still available?
If yes..

What's the condition of it - in particular edges & corners?
Where are you based, and have you any suggestions as to how the delivery/collection could be handled?
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby DanD1988 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:26 pm

Got insurence quote today of 790 a year for this and managed to get just enough cash for car so will be goin to view this monday and hopefully be a new fto owner :D :lol:
DanD1988
Octane king
Octane king

Postby goz_83 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:59 am

DanD1988 wrote:Got insurence quote today of 790 a year for this and managed to get just enough cash for car so will be goin to view this monday and hopefully be a new fto owner :D :lol:

Thats a class quote Dan. I'm 28 and my insurance was more than that, but I am fully comp I suppose. I got lucky with my insurance compared to some much older than me.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:17 pm

Which company did you get that with?

Is that with you as main driver, not a trade policy or anything?

Seems cheap for a 23 year old :?:
colm_mcm

Postby Bartpabicz » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:38 pm

a small update here: I just sold the car to a new owner, who hopefully will join this community soon - good luck to him. Therefore the list of extras available for sale is somewhat smaller:

fabric seat covers 40e
center console (perfect condition) 80e
manual gearbox gearknob gaiter - 10e

the rest is obviously gone with the car:)
Bartpabicz
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Bartpabicz » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:39 pm

by the way, great quote indeed Dan - I got the same, but I'm 30 with 4 years NCB!
Bartpabicz
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Re: FTO GPX facelift extras for sale

Postby Bartpabicz » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:54 pm

Hi there,

I just updated the list of what spares are still available for sale, and dropped some of the prices. PM me please if you're interested in any of those. Cheers

Bart
Bartpabicz
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Previous

Return to For Sale