Insurance Help

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Insurance Help

Postby v6 » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:48 am

Can any one help me I am 22 just got me an FTO I had a price from a company online for 2500 but when i tried to activate the quote they would not let me take cover on the car. does any one know where I can get a quote for an FTO.

I have a full DL But no NCB

I have even tried to get the other half insured on the car but nobody wants to know. [/i] :cry:
v6

Postby CJ » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:55 am

V6, take a look through the Motor Insurance forum, it will give you an idea of what people are paying based on their circumstances and what companies they are with.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby alanmccormack » Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:05 pm

As far as I can see the problem is that there is only ONE insurer in the whole of Ireland that insures FTOs and that is St. Pauls. It doesn’t matter who your broker is, the underlying insurer is always St. Pauls. No-one else wants to touch FTOs, so St. Pauls can write their own ticket. Even if you ring every insurer in Ireland (and I’ve come damn close in the past!) you will find a load of them end up giving you the same quote, this is St. Pauls quote and you will just have to accept it.

I used a company called The Insurance Shop, The Strand, Fairview - I don’t think that they offer motor insurance any more, but you could try saying that another FTO owner Alan McCormack, recommended you. They do know me up there, but I think they are moving into commercial insurance. Your best bet is probably www.123.ie this will give a very good idea of the best that you are going to get, you might shave a euro or two more off elsewhere, but 123.ie will be close. Also worth a look might be www.aaireland.ie and www.brittoninsurance.com. These both gave OK quotes. Don’t bother with High Street Insurers, they can never compete, AXA gave me a ludicrous quote if I remember right.

Good Luck!
alanmccormack
1st gear
1st gear

Postby JD » Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:46 pm

It might depend on your age etc. I have no problem geting quotes, I've got four over the last couple of weeks, from Allianz, St. Paul, 123 and Church & General (I think!), they ranged from 1,067 (C&G) to 1,550 (Allianze) for fully comp on a 95 GR for me and the wife with the usual extras (I'm 42, 5 yr ncb etc..)
JD
JD
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Re: Insurance Help

Postby Daz » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:15 am

v6 wrote:Can any one help me I am 22 just got me an FTO I had a price from a company online for 2500 but when i tried to activate the quote they would not let me take cover on the car. does any one know where I can get a quote for an FTO.

I have a full DL But no NCB

I have even tried to get the other half insured on the car but nobody wants to know. [/i] :cry:

If the gave you a quote and you got it via e-mail form(or even if you saved a web based quote) then they are legually obliged to honour it, if they give you some crap about not insuring FTO's any more tell them unless they insure you for stated price that you will talk to your solicator about sueing them for false advitising and misrepresentation and i'm sure a solicator will think of a few other terms to use aswell.

Daz...
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Return to Motor Insurance