F***ing Insurance Companies

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

F***ing Insurance Companies

Postby steelroe » Mon May 24, 2004 10:01 pm

Get this one.

After having the accident last year and being 100% in the right I claimed off the other guys insurance. Company paid out very quickly.
My solicitor informed my insurance company of the accident and told them there was no claim pending on my policy.
Up for renewal last week and here is the porker, shopped around for cheaper quote and found a very competitive one. Cancelled my current policy and when my no claims arrived there was a claim pendind on it.

Contacted the insurers ALLIANZ, and they said the fact that I claimed off this other guys policy means the my no claims is affected. Never heard such horse manure in all my life. Therefore they would be the only company willing to insure me. Now I cannot change companies for at least 3 years no matter how cheap a quote I get.

A guy working with me had exactly the same problem with another insurance company. His solicitor has sent several stern letters and they still wil nor remove the fact he claimed from another guy responsible for the accident.

Anyone on here had an expierence liker this.

Seriously P***ed off, could have saved €300

Rory
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Tue May 25, 2004 10:34 am

So it cost them no money and they still screw you over, they're unbelievable!

The sooner they open up Ireland for external insurance companies the better, then hopefully the competition will stop these f*$)"£s from getting away with this. Government are doing f all, useless c%£!s...

Whats MIJAG up to these days?

Kev.
kevinod

Postby soc » Tue May 25, 2004 1:20 pm

I'm sure there is something very wrong going on here - doens't claim pending mean that there is an ogoing claim that has yet to be settled - once the claim is settled the pending status should be removed. If I were you I'd be getting your solicitor to threathen legal action cause I think it's a load of cobblers what they're saying....... how can you be penalised because someone else hit your car. Next thing you know the Garda will be arresting people because their house was burgaled or their car was stolen.....
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby JD » Tue May 25, 2004 7:05 pm

That's a load of bol***ks :x - keep at them untill they get rid of that - they wouldn't get a minutes peace from me if they did that to me....who the hell do they think they are!!!! in the meantime - and I'm serious - innundate RTE with e-mails about that and ring liveline - and (on the off chance that it might help) contact the insurance ombudsman and make a formal compalint (details at http://www.ombudsman-insurance.ie/ ) ......at least you might feel like you did everything you could.
And I agree the sooner the companies 'running' this country get a good kick up the ar$e the better - bring in real competition.
JD
JD
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby steelroe » Tue May 25, 2004 11:29 pm

Even after letting them know that the claim is settled they maintain that I'm still not claim free due to the fact that i claimed from his insurance.

What the hell is the point in having insurance then, we might aswell all drive without. When I originally reported the accident to my broker he said not to report it to the underwriter due to the fact I was in the right,
but my solicitor informed them anyway.

The guy working with me had his case settled several months back and he was found to be 100% in the right, the guy he crashed into never made a claim from his insurance, yet his company will not issue him with a new no claim showing a claim free policy. Several solicitors letters have been sent to no avail. Surely this cannot be legal.

So if you are sitting in a parked car and some guy ploughs into you and you claim it affects your policy, what a load of b****cks

I am now getting more furious with every letter I type.
May give G. Ryan a call over the next few days
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Wed May 26, 2004 10:52 am

steelroe wrote:
I am now getting more furious with every letter I type.
May give G. Ryan a call over the next few days

I hear ya on this one - I had all the same rage with QD when my accident was (or wasn't depending on how you look at it) being sorted out.

I would deffo take JD's advice on this one - contact the insurance ombudsman and find out if there are any code or practice or rules for insurance companies. Contact your local TD. Email and/or letters to RTE, TV3. I'd also drop an email to MIJAG and Mary Harney (isn't she supposed to be forcing insurance companies to play nice). And yea, give Gerry Ryan a ring.

Hope it works out for ya.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Motor Insurance