Insurance on other cars

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Insurance on other cars

Postby Dragonheart » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:52 pm

For a laugh I decided to see what insurance I would be paying on a different car and how hard it is to get a quote, car in question? A manual 3.0L twin turbo 300ZX, which puts out approx 300hp. Entered my details into bestquote.ie, and got 3 back straight away, the highest being €874, and the lowest being €824. Bit of a joke that you can insure a 3.0L twin turbo 300hp car easily and you cant get a quote on a 2.0L non-turbo 197hp car. Any reason why they don't see the Z as being a cat 20 car and the FTO is?
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Insurance on other cars

Postby CJ » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Dragonheart wrote: Any reason why they don't see the Z as being a cat 20 car and the FTO is?

As far as I know, the FTOs insurance rating is determined primarily through hocus pocus with a good dose of abracadabra thrown in for good measure.

It defies logic to be honest, I blame it on some actuary who came up with a mad set of figures back in the late 90's, they haven't been revised since.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby optical illusion » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:53 pm

CJ wrote:
As far as I know, the FTOs insurance rating is determined primarily through hocus pocus with a good dose of abracadabra thrown in for good measure.

It defies logic to be honest, I blame it on some actuary who came up with a mad set of figures back in the late 90's, they haven't been revised since.

CJ

+1
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby springheel » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:45 pm

CJ wrote:

CJ

+2 :D
springheel
1st gear
1st gear

Return to Motor Insurance