Eagle Star - WTF?

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Eagle Star - WTF?

Postby Wildhound » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:11 pm

My insurance is up for renewal and I didn't want to renew with Quinn because they've actually increased my quote since last year.

So I called Eagle Star and I was told they couldn't quote me because I had claimed against someone else's insurance in the last 3 years. Even though I was not at fault, and I still have my no claims bonus.

Does that make sense to anyone or does she just have no idea what she's talking about?
Wildhound
My first-born will be christened 'MIVEC'
My first-born will be christened 'MIVEC'

Re: Eagle Star - WTF?

Postby mcgon1979 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:21 pm

that makes no sense at all. First and foremost they HAVE to quote you by law regardless of claim situation. Thats the law.
Secondly this "claim in the last 3 years" line is crap. They have to quote you but obviously don't want to. I'd ring them again and tell them they have to quote you.

Wildhound wrote:My insurance is up for renewal and I didn't want to renew with Quinn because they've actually increased my quote since last year.

So I called Eagle Star and I was told they couldn't quote me because I had claimed against someone else's insurance in the last 3 years. Even though I was not at fault, and I still have my no claims bonus.

Does that make sense to anyone or does she just have no idea what she's talking about?
Ma olen kaine!
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby steelroe » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:25 pm

I have seen this in this situation before. Had accident 100% in reight and made a claim from the other guys insurance. Was told a renewal I had lost my NCB as I had claimed against another persons insurance. Af a lot of arguing and a couple of solicitors letters I got it sorted.

I would ask to speak to a manager to explain how they can justify this, ask for it on paper.
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:53 pm

I didn't think they HAD to quote you unless you were already with them? :?

But as the guys say, this line of claiming against someone else's insurance is complete and utter rubbish, it's only if someone claims off your insurance you should be affected.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby mcgon1979 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:46 am

kevinod wrote:I didn't think they HAD to quote you unless you were already with them?

It's a legal requirement if a company sell insurance that they quote ANY member of the public regardless of who they are/were with, or their age/s3x/claims history.
Ma olen kaine!
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Return to Motor Insurance