Forum Features

If you've any comments on what might make fto-ireland.com a better site, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum Features

Postby RussMan » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:24 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any plans to improve the features of this forum to help structure posting and improve overall layout to reflect that of other forums.

i.e Gallery only section - How to Guides (Locked down section similar to the Grease Monkeys section on .org)

Anyone else got any other suggestions? Think this is possible CJ? Need any help. Great job so far :D :D :D
???? - Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
2007 Nissan 350z GT
2004 Nissan 350z GT
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPvR
1997 Mazda Mx-3
RussMan
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Re: Forum Features

Postby agent s » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:01 pm

RussMan wrote:Great job so far :D :D :D

Yea... that doesn't really ease the blow you've just given him, babe! :smt072

yuk yuk yuk
“Don’t upset me. I’m running out of places to hide the bodies.”
agent s
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Re: Forum Features

Postby CJ » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:19 pm

RussMan wrote:Just wondering if there are any plans to improve the features of this forum to help structure posting and improve overall layout to reflect that of other forums

First and foremost, we try not to copy other forums here on FTO-Ireland ;)

RussMan wrote:i.e Gallery only section - How to Guides (Locked down section similar to the Grease Monkeys section on .org)

You raised the Gallery question in this previous post and my reply was that we already have a photo album, what exactly would you like to see?

As regards a Howto guide, I think the FTO Knowledgebase pretty much covers that one, posts aren't locked to give people the facility to add other useful information, if its not valid, it gets taken out.

Remember that we're a much smaller community than the FTOOC, they need to have a tight structure due to the amount of users and threads, I suppose we're a little bit more laid back over here due to the smaller user base. I'm not dismissing your suggestions but I feel that we already have these facilities on the forum, albeit slightly less formalised. If you think they can be improved upon, lets hear some specifics.

RussMan wrote:Need any help

If anyone has any experience of php, I'd be grateful of the help!

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JJ » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:27 pm

You're forum's fine as it is ..... trust me ......... the more complicated you make it the more complicated it gets :lol:

It takes 14 of us to keep the UK forum in check, moving posts in the wrong sections to the right ones, containing disagreements and just generally moderating. I spend about 2 hours a day on there as do many of the others.

Keep it simple here :D
JJ
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Return to Suggestions, announcements and updates