std FTO cd changer

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

std FTO cd changer

Postby soc » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:34 pm

when i bought my GR it had a mitsi standard double din head unit and a 6 disk changer in the arm rest but the problem is the damn cd changer is jammed. after 4 months of crappy, untuned (have no frequency expander) radio stations and the same damn tape playing all the time i'm thinking i should get this fixed. i think it could be cheaper to get a new changer than get the original fixed so i'm wonder if anyone knows where i could get a replacement? i don't wanna get an aftermarket unit cause i like the standard factory fit finish of the interior and don't wanna mess it up....

cheers
shane
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby steelroe » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:05 pm

If you want I can have a look at it for you. I have repaired numerous CD changers over the years for several people. I can plug it into the head unit on the damaged GR I have. It is the Mitsubishi fitted one also. Worth a try if you don't wan't to get a new head unit. Will be hard to match the head to a new changer unless you know who makes them for Mitsubishi.

Rory
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby pergau » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:19 pm

I replaced mine with a single din Tuner/CD/MP3 player so now I don't need a Cd changer (I can get 10 albums in MP3 format on a Cd)

Not only did I get a much better radio but I've got a tray (well I still have to get a tray) in the dash and a big hole in the armrest, so I have some storage space as well.
pergau
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Postby soc » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:04 pm

pergau wrote:I replaced mine with a single din Tuner/CD/MP3 player so now I don't need a Cd changer (I can get 10 albums in MP3 format on a Cd)

Not only did I get a much better radio but I've got a tray (well I still have to get a tray) in the dash and a big hole in the armrest, so I have some storage space as well.

so, by any chance woul d you have the std 6 disk changer lying around? :?
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:36 pm

Check out Ebay UK, theres plenty of head unit\cd changer bargains to be had.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General FTO Discussion