Lovely lovely AXA................

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Lovely lovely AXA................

Postby PT FTO » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:34 pm

Got my renewal last week from AXA, €746.....down from €890 last year. Thought that was pretty good till I went in to the local office and chanced my arm by telling him i had a couple of lower quotes and could he do anything for me. I didn't give him any figures but after 30 secs punching his keyboard he looked up at me and said how does € 570 sound :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: After I picked myself up off the floor I said thanks very much, collected my cert and skipped down the road :D :D :D :D I know people on this site dislike AXA but let me say they've done me well over the years with no hassle whatsoever, god bless 'em............
mmmm!! GPX........and its not all mine anymore....:-(
PT FTO
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Bernard » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:41 pm

Excellent quote.

Out of curiosity, how old are you, what sort of ncb do you have...
All big factors.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:30 pm

A quote of €570 on an FTO? You're showing your age there Paul ;)

FC or TPFT btw?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kevinod » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:21 pm

Some quote! SOBs though looking for a whole extra €200 before you questioned it!!
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby AL » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:52 pm

mate i find this hard if not impossible to believe, was there a glitch on AXA database or what?

what your age, NCB, etc etc.
you live in meath, right? that shouldnt be much cheaper than dublin nowadays.................. im astounded and need to know more? :shock:
AL
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby PT FTO » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:40 am

I can supply copy of policy if you non-belivers require..... :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: What benefit would it be to me to make up a policy premium :?: :?: :?:
For your info I'm 33, full no claims and its for TPFT.(They did offer me FC for €820) As I said there was no haggling. Their original renewal quote through the post (and that comes from AXA head office BTW) was €746. Just sat down in front of the guy in the local office, said I'd been shopping around and what could he do for me. I was expecting to maybe get €40 - €50 off. When he came back with the €570 I myself was shocked. You gotta chance yer arm guys, the discounts are out there.
PT FTO
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby kevinod » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:28 am

Definately fantastic deal, nice one! Couldn't budge my shower any lower on my last renewal.

My dad has had regular issues with the AA at renewal, they send him a renewal quote, he calls the Cork office who tell him that 'oh that quote's from the Dublin office, we can get it cheaper no probs' and they cut a few quid off it instantly.

Feicers just chance their arm, no effort to give the customer the best price straight off. :evil:
kevinod

Postby AL » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:23 pm

ok? just got off phone to AXA , best they can do for me is 1,450, but thats for full comp...................... full NCB and full licence and im 38 :roll: , living in dublin.
mine is a '99 GPX, but was told the GR is in same catagory 10, also told difference between meath and dublin is negligable............ BUT ....... she told me you have to be over 36 to drive a catagory 10 car, regardless of policy type or location.
so all i can say is you got away with a gooden there , fair play to you, but be careful as your not over 36 i reckon your policy is null and void.

one last question i must ask and excuse my ignorance, but are you male or female. if your the later this might sadly expain everything :x
:D :D :D
AL

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:06 pm

AL wrote:........ are you male or female. if your the later this might sadly expain everything :x

Well if PT is female - he's not a very pretty looking one. Does a good impression of a "bloody good bloke" though. :wink:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby AL » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:50 pm

cheers myfeckin FTO for clearing that for me :oops: :lol:
AL

Postby PT FTO » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:23 pm

AL wrote: but be careful as your not over 36 i reckon your policy is null and void.

one last question i must ask and excuse my ignorance, but are you male or female. if your the later this might sadly expain everything :x

As I said I'm 33, and how you can say my policy is null and void if i'm under 36 is garbage.......no offence intended :) They(AXA) have all my correct details on their files, age, licence details etc. etc. so I don't think they would offer me a void policy now do you :?: :?: :?:
On your second question, as MyFTO says, I would make a pretty damn awful looking woman :D :D, I am male, well at least I was the last time I checked :D

So for the last time....... I'm 33yo, male, full NCB, and have just got my policy renewwd for €570 TPFT....like it or lump it........oh, and by the way............................ I like it 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
PT FTO
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Kace » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:13 pm

Yep - I agree it's their mistake so they would have to honour your policy.

I had a friend who was getting a great deal on insuring a Celica some years ago. I could never understand how he was getting such low insurance. He found out some years later that he had been classified as a female on their systems :oops:
Last edited by Kace on Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:22 pm

Kace wrote:Yep - I agree it's their mistake so they would have to honour your policy.

I had a friend who was getting a great deal on insuring a Celica some years ago. I could never understand how he was getting such low insurance. He found out some years later that he had been classified as a female on their internal systems :oops:

:lol: he must have been getting some interesting reactions when he went in to renew! :lol:
kevinod

Postby AL » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:30 pm

mate, they may have all your specifics, but be careful, these feckers may have reams of small print if you ever have to claim, but TBO the AXA girl was very exact about the 36 year old thingy :roll:

its something that i was never aware of, jasus, so are they saying your still a boy racer until you hit 36 :P :wink:

i hope FBD f**k up when it comes to my policy renewal :lol:
AL

Postby AL » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:35 pm

as for your story Kace, do you know anywhere to get a cheap s3x change before my policy renewal :twisted:
AL

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:08 am

gfalls wrote:
AL wrote:as for your story Kace, do you know anywhere to get a cheap sax change before my policy renewal :twisted:

What's wrong with your old sax? Has the reed broken?

hehehe - the forum police are on the prowl again. :lol:

e.g.
s3x = sax
ar5e = backside
f*ck= feck
c*nt = stunt
b0llocks = frolics

any derivitives of the above will also revert e.g
ar5ebandit will revert to just feck
motherf*cker will revert to just backside

However it seems that words such as ladyboy, queer, penishead etc all work fine so choose your insults carefully! :lol:
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby PT FTO » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:34 pm

AL wrote: but TBO the AXA girl was very exact about the 36 year old thingy :roll:

its something that i was never aware of, jasus, so are they saying your still a boy racer until you hit 36 :P :wink:

Called in to my man at AXA today to clear this up. i asked him about the 36yo thing and he said nope, you're grand at 33.

AL wrote:mine is a '99 GPX, but was told the GR is in same catagory 10, also told difference between meath and dublin is negligable............

Just to clear this up as well, mine is also a GPX so no diff there, he also siad that there was little difference between Meath and Dublin but that the policy amount was up to the local office. The original quote comes from AXA head office, you then contact your local office and negotiate from there. He told me that his system will automatically allow him to take 20% off without any questions asked (hence getting me into the late €500's from €746) and can go even further with a little "keyboard work" :) :) He says that the relationship the policy holder has with the office also plays a big part...... ie: loyal customer = more benefits & lower premiums.

AL wrote:but be careful, these feckers may have reams of small print if you ever have to claim

He also guffed at this.....(NOI). He said they were not in the business of handing out policys that may not pay up in the event of a claim. He said the majority of the small print is there to protect the customer and that when he issued me a policy to cover a 33yo male driving a FTO GPX Mivec, then thats exactly what the policy will cover.
PT FTO
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby AL » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:17 pm

AL wrote:
but TBO the AXA girl was very exact about the 36 year old thingy

its something that i was never aware of, jasus, so are they saying your still a boy racer until you hit 36

PT FTO wrote:
Called in to my man at AXA today to clear this up. i asked him about the 36yo thing and he said nope, you're grand at 33.

its obvious that someone in AXA is lying over this issue, im totally bewildered here, :cry:
AL

Postby soc » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:10 pm

Just to add my 2 cents... my experience with Axa over the past 2 years has been nothing but excellent - ok I'm not driving an FTO right now but I did get quoted 860 euro fully comp when I enquired last week - this was after I put the golf up for sale (but that's a whole other story)...

In addition to this they paid out my contents cover without a police report or any receipts - ok it was only 160 euro but still they were straight up and didn't make me jump through hoops - and it doesn't affect my NCD.

I suppose what I'm saying is that in my view Axa have been a very easy company to deal with over the past few years and they seem very reasonably priced.... btw, my renewal on the golf (fully comp) is 560 euro and I'm 32 with full NCD.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Lovely lovely AXA................

Postby Muad_dib77 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:59 pm

PT FTO wrote:Got my renewal last week from AXA, €746.....down from €890 last year. Thought that was pretty good till I went in to the local office and chanced my arm by telling him i had a couple of lower quotes and could he do anything for me. I didn't give him any figures but after 30 secs punching his keyboard he looked up at me and said how does € 570 sound :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: After I picked myself up off the floor I said thanks very much, collected my cert and skipped down the road :D :D :D :D I know people on this site dislike AXA but let me say they've done me well over the years with no hassle whatsoever, god bless 'em............

Nice one PT..

JUst had a read through the thread...what's the fuss about..

...I wonder if I'm allowed to say leaky backside?
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

hibernian

Postby karlf » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:09 pm

I got my isurance on a 1.8 gs for €656 off quinn direct. I'm 25, full ncb with a full licence. Ive had the car 2 years and its the first time I could get a quote for myself on it. Hibernian wanted €7000+ last year (only quoted me coz i was already a policy holder, and they had to) and €3000+ this year. I was delighted with it.
Just another point on Hibernian, as i couldn't get insured on the fto i was insured on my mam's 1.4 focus. Got my renewal quote in the post of €983. Just outa curiousity i tried getting a quote, same details except I used a different name. I got a quote of €1013, sound good? Wait there's more, you got a discount of €113 for getting it on line, would have been €900 now. I also did the ignition course with them and should recieve a discount of 30% for that which wasn't included on-line as i didnt have the relevant number. It would now stand at approx €600. But there's more you also get a discount of 17.5% for giving your licence number and having no penalty points. This discount was also not taken into account with the on-line quote. It would be about €500 if it was.
All these so called discounts were supposed to be included in my renewal quote. So why the differance???? When I asked in the local office I was told a supervisor would ring me, as the assistant couldn't explain. That was in mid august, I'm still waiting on the call.
I was with them 3years, makes me wonder how much over the odds I paid. So I'm trying to start a buycott should anyone care to join me
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby kevinod » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:18 am

I used to change insurance company every year at one stage, half the time, 1 year on, me older, car worth a bit less, and the quote would still go up for the 'priviledge' of staying with the same company. Usually saved a couple of hundred each year.

That quote for the GS sounds excellent... you seem to have got the good end of the lucky dip bag they use for these numbers, nice one!
kevinod

Postby soc » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:59 pm

I just renewed with Axa for 650 full comp on the GTI - not bad considering I've had to claim for a stolen car and a break-in over the past 18 months....
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Ronanc » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:16 pm

i pay 1100 for my lancre gsr 1.8 with quinn, 3 yrs no claims 24 years old, how come there is this issue of bein over 36 for cat 10? thats bolloxs, once you are 25 u will get insured on anything
--------------------------------
Irish Mitsubishi Owners Club
www.irishmoc.org
--------------------------------
Lancer GSR @ .9 Bar psi
86 Levin twincam AE86
Ronanc
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Next

Return to Motor Insurance