Petrol Prices

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Petrol Prices

Postby IrishPhoenix » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:07 am

Its good to see the petrol prices finally dropping. They are averaging £1.06 to £1.07p around my area at the moment. Is this the same for everyone? It amazes me how they go up so quickly when there is a hurricane in the US or some war threat, but it takes them forever to drop back down again. We need to really start complaining more in this country instead of just accepting things the way they are. Any opinions?

IP
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'.
- Tommy Cooper
IrishPhoenix
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Re: Petrol Prices

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:01 am

IrishPhoenix wrote:... We need to really start complaining more in this country instead of just accepting things the way they are. Any opinions?

IP

Agree strongly on this point - we as a nation really take it up the ass when it comes to companies overcharging for products and also from the government taxes - stealth and otherwise. There is also collosal waste of money in the public sector & all coming out of taxpayers pockets.

Would like to see more transparency on government spending - I for one am tired of been heavily taxed on my salary and then on absolutley everything else I have to put my hand in my pocket for. I'm sure if you thought about your total salary and came up with a figure on how much of it went on tax inc the everydays goods we buy and expenses we incur (such as stamp duty, Car tax, fuel tax etc) - you would get a shock as to the amount you are actually forking out to government.

If people were more price aware we wouldn't have the current situation with prices - I see cars pulling into fuel courts in Limerick where the fuel can be up to 10c a litre dearer than the next garage down the road - if the same punters voted with their feet and bought in the lowest price station then you'd find the price of fuel dropping fairly rapidly. Fuel Companies are businesses like any other and if they can keep the prices artifically high and increase their margins and get away with it - then they will. Its not their fault - its the nations fault.

Its the same attitude that makes us a nation of queuers - but thats another story. :smt011
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby JJ » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:08 am

Its just us lot over the channel that take it .... go most places in Europe and its cheaper ... I spend a fair amount of time in Spain and in april when I was there it was around the low 90 EUROS pl.

Taxed to death till you die :roll:
JJ
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Muad_dib77 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:41 pm

I was in Paris last week.. €1.38 for a liter of 92/95....
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Return to Off Topic