The Quinn experience

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

The Quinn experience

Postby Sebastian » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:21 pm

we've been with them since 2007 when i bought the GR and the first renewal was lower so i was happy enough

i went in december to transfer the details and policy on the GPX .
went to the counter where there was a polish girl very loud and with a poor english and after showing her the new log book and told her what to do she tells us that she cannot change the details to the new car as they dont insure FTO's . :shock:
surely after a smile , i started to tell her the same story all over .. that we have an FTO for the last 2 years and the new car is basicly the same but a different colour.

she looks at me and she repeats the same thing .. we don't insure FTO's . :smt072
at this stage i got enoyed by her lack of ''costumer service '' and looked over the next counter where an irish girl was looking and listening the whole thing .and i asked if she could help .

she put the details on the computer and she says very nice that unfortunately there has been a change in their sistem and that they cannot insure the FTO's no more BUT if i already had one they will renew my policy ( in 2 months) no problem .i moved to her counter and told her i already bought the car , that i have the GR on sale and it's a must to change over .

she sais that she would have a chat with the manager , and get back to us in a minute. she leaves and the polish girl leaves with her with my 2 log books and return in 5 minutes sayng that she is terrybly sorry but the manager didnt accept the new policy on the GPx.

:smt013 i was green/purple/black ...... and said i wanna chat with the guy but he just went nto his break and wasn't available for about 1 h .. :twisted:

finaly he came outside and asked for my logbooks again ..
i told him i bought the car already and we are with them 3 years now and this is outrageous what's happening ..

finaly h sends the irish girl to fotocopy the logbooks and he says he will contact us the next day with an answer.

of course it didn't happen.

just when i was about to park my car (few days after) to go and see that manager again .. gf calls sayng she got a call from them and they are ''happy'' to continue insuring us on the new car .
:roll:

damn .

the new papers arrived and surprise .. absolutely no difference in price !

got the renewal in the letter box the other day ..

200 eur less than last year .
not bad.

I must say irish insurance is a lottery and a total ripoff
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby colm_mcm » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:35 pm

Sounds familiar :roll:

colm_mcm wrote:I rang them up a few weeks ago to temporarily transfer insurance onto an FTO I was thinking of buying the dialogue went like this:

me: I want to do a temporary change of vehicle
qd: no problem sir, can I have the make and model of the vehicle:
me: It's a Mitsubishi FTO 2.0.....
qd: Can you hold please?
Hold music.....
qd: I'm sorry we don't cover that type of vehicle.
me: it's the exact same as the car I have on cover with you, and the one I had before that.
qd: yes but we don't cover FTOs
me: but I have a policy covering my FTO
qd: Yes sir, I understand, but we don't do FTOs.
me: but that makes no sense, I already have an FTO, I just need you to change the particulars for a few hours
qd: We don't cover Ftos
me: right, do I have third party cover to drive cars that aren't mine?
qd: yes your policy has that.
me: ok - bye.
colm_mcm

Postby CJ » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:18 pm

colm_mcm wrote:me: right, do I have third party cover to drive cars that aren't mine?

You can drive the car as long as its already insured on another policy.

Glad I'm away from that shower....

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mcgon1979 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:24 pm

Dragonheart and Seb now had policies reduced in price by Quinn... My fingers are crossed. currently on 860. will find out in 2 weeks. Really hoping it comes down at least 100euro. tough times. It's tougher for others though so I won't complain. That's good news Seb, glad you got that sorted.
In general lads, I must say customer service in IReland is appaling! I have had almost identical problems as Seb dealing with a bank recently, and also with a phone company. It took 3 phone calls to each, asking for supervisors, and a letter sent in too.. got satisfaction in the end, but it shouldn't be such a battle to be looked after when you pour money into a company.
Ma olen kaine!
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Dragonheart » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:36 pm

Try calling the planning department in cork city or council, if they decide to answer the phone they transfer you and when that person doesnt answer its not a case of being diverted back to reception, oh no, you're cut off. So have to go through the whole process again!
Now thats customer service!
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby karlf » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:04 am

I have said this in reply to posts before, but I'll say it again in the hope it helps. Anyone renewing a policy should go on the internet and get a quote on line. My renwal went up two years running, when I did the quote on the internet it was cheaper. When I enquired as to why I was told quotes are given at a 15% discount on-line. The 15% is only taken off the 1st year. But when I complained and said that I was originally an on-line customer I was given the policy at the lower internet quote. Its worth the effort to atleast try this as it saved me roughly €500 over the 2 years.
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby mcgon1979 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:17 pm

karlf wrote:I have said this in reply to posts before, but I'll say it again in the hope it helps. Anyone renewing a policy should go on the internet and get a quote on line. My renwal went up two years running, when I did the quote on the internet it was cheaper. When I enquired as to why I was told quotes are given at a 15% discount on-line. The 15% is only taken off the 1st year. But when I complained and said that I was originally an on-line customer I was given the policy at the lower internet quote. Its worth the effort to atleast try this as it saved me roughly €500 over the 2 years.

thanks for this tip karl. I'll be sure to check an online quote and if its cheaper than my renewal I'll ring them about it. ta.
Ma olen kaine!
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby RussMan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:00 am

Got to recommend 123.ie again. Went to claim about the Keying incident (Shudders) and they were very professional, gave me a direct dial into Travelers - The Insurance company and then they called me within 20 mins. Went through everything, Assessor out the following morning and gave me lots of different options.

I'm paying 800 for my 07 Z and covers my few mods. Have full Bonus protection and free breakdown assistance.

Can you really go wrong with this?

:)

Sorry to be a little off topic.
???? - Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
2007 Nissan 350z GT
2004 Nissan 350z GT
1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPvR
1997 Mazda Mx-3
RussMan
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby fatboyfat7 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:19 am

Ive posted this before too but a buddy of mine was insured on a corolla van. He got his quote and so on but when he ADDED his girlfriend as a driver it reduced substanially. Its madness.
Fully functional White GPvR....
fatboyfat7
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Postby Muad_dib77 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:08 am

Oh aye fatboy.. my quote dropped a few hundred when I added the missus as a named driver..

nuts..

I tried added her mum as well - logic being that she'd a have alot more years ncb...but apparently the quote isn't based on driving experience..

Personally I think they're pulled out of a donkey..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby karlf » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:14 pm

I didn't have a problem when I changed from the 1.8gs to the Gpx. I actually got a pleasant surprise when I changed. As I hadn't checked what the insurance would be the last time I bought the FTO I made sure I did this time around. I did an internet quote which was €750ish up €200 on the 1.8 gs. I didn't think that was too bad considering I was going up to a 2.0 mivec. But when I rang them to change over it only went up €85 for the rest of the year. I still have 8months left on this years policy so I was pleasantly surprised. It almost makes up for all the hassle I had getting the payout on the last one. :lol:
karlf
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby optical illusion » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:30 pm

Quinn are cracking down on who and what they are insuring recently with the recession.

I tried to get a quote on a MRS, less hp and 1.8 and wouldn't quote!!
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Black Magic » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:43 pm

Yep, Im only driving a year & only have full licence since Sep 2008 & quinn wouldnt insure me on a MRS but would insure me on a FTO GPX for EUR1027.
Doesnt make sense since MRS is less powerfull car.... must be the soft top thing.
Black Magic
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby optical illusion » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:03 pm

Soft top, RWD thing...
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Motor Insurance