New motor

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

New motor

Postby CJ » Thu May 02, 2013 2:40 pm

Perhaps not everyones taste but I'm really glad I took the plunge:

Its an 06 3.0 Z4 coupe Si sports, I like the smooth power delivery, engine note, comfort factor, spec, reliability and relative rarity factor (lots of verts on the road, not too many coupes). I was looking at S2K's, 350Z's and Caymens and came across the Z4 coupe in my search. This was one of 2 for sale in the country at the time and checked out perfectly, it really is immaculate. Dare I say it but I'm seeing 34mpg on the motorway and averaging 30mpg combined - pleasantly surprising.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New motor

Postby goz_83 » Thu May 02, 2013 3:06 pm

I can see how it could grow on you alright. Not bad and definitely not common. I hate the blue side seat trim though. Would drive me mental. Hope it brings you miles of joy.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Fri May 03, 2013 12:57 am

I was going to say I dont like BMW as they are everywhere but that is a real Gem, great choice. I fear we will all end up in German metal in the near future.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby Kace » Fri May 03, 2013 7:22 am

Looks sweet CJ. I have been keeping an eye out for these recently and there is indeed a few of them around. They're rare but not as rare as an FTO ;-)

Yours looks much better in the silver though with those wheels. Engine note is brill I'm sure - would like to hear it sometime.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri May 03, 2013 11:05 am

Cheers for the comments. If truth be told, I was never really a BMW fan and that still stands! I've always gone Jap but I was really taken my this machine in terms of its driving dynamics, power delivery, presence and relative comfort (I'm getting old...), its not your run of the mill 3 series. I did actually consider another FTO (specifically my old GPX that Gerry is selling, great car btw) but I was hankering after something a little different. I will have an FTO again some day, most likely when its a proper classic - for my sake, I'd encourage you all to get undersealing!
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby goz_83 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:58 pm

CJ wrote:I will have an FTO again some day, most likely when its a proper classic - for my sake, I'd encourage you all to get undersealing!

Undersealed and still treated like a baby......but she will be a long time in my name if I can do anything to help it.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu May 09, 2013 12:45 pm

Nice looking motor CJ - far better looking as a coupe than soft-top. The 3litre engine should lift it above the (small) herd of 2.0l Z4's on the road.
That interior looks a much better place to be in than the RX8 or 350Z as well.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby TopCat » Sun May 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Very nice CJ. I like that its just that little bit different from what you normally see on the road. And that combination of a good size engine and RWD is going to be a lot of fun I'm sure :D I hadn't seen many coupes, but I like it. Looking forward to seeing this in the flesh. Well wear.
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Return to Other Cars