speakers

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

speakers

Postby zinedan » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:05 pm

does anyone know how to change the back two speakers?It looks simple enough but have trouble removing the covers for the 4 screws.
zinedan
Unleaded
Unleaded

Re: speakers

Postby CJ » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:32 am

zinedan wrote:does anyone know how to change the back two speakers?It looks simple enough but have trouble removing the covers for the 4 screws.

Its a simple enough job (kinda), you need to take out the rear seat, there are two bolts that need to be undone for
for the upright section. You should then have access to remove the black plastic cover that surrounds the speakers, you'll see what I mean when you're doing it.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zinedan » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:21 pm

errrm exactly how???I know how to take out the sitting back seat coz there are 2 hooks which u just lift outbut the back rest is difficult.There are no hooksBe handy to know where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zinedan
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby CJ » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:47 pm

zinedan wrote:errrm exactly how???I know how to take out the sitting back seat coz there are 2 hooks which u just lift outbut the back rest is difficult.There are no hooksBe handy to know where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK..

1. Use hooks underneath to remove horizontal seat section
2. The vertical section is secured with two bolts that are screwed to the chassis, these are visable on removing horizontal section
3. When you've taken this out, you will be able to see under the black plastic facia surrounding the speakers. There are screws here that you will need to remove, I don't remember where exactly but it should be straighforward at this point. I'll be doing this tonight as I'm replacinhg my 6x9's with a decent set of JBL 100W RMS units, I'll let you know how I get on.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:06 pm

Right, there's 2 screws holding the black plastic panel in take em' out and the panal pulls up to reveal the speaker screws.

I've now got my Rockford Fostgate components up front and JBLs in the rear, I'll be installing a 4-channel Rockford amp on the weekend and when I get another amp and sub in the boot, you're gonna hear me comin' a mile off ;)

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zinedan » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:31 pm

damn bolts!Cant seem to unscrew them-think i need a special screw for that!there goes my attempted "DIY" job.May have to end up taking it to a pro .....sucks
zinedan
Unleaded
Unleaded

Postby CJ » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:40 pm

If you're talking about the bolts for the vertical seat section, they should come out handy enough with a socket or a spanner. You could use a vice-grips but you'll may foul the hex on the bolts.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zinedan » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:15 am

damn screw were nearly impossible to come off unless u had a wee wee tiny microscopic screw driver or a special one.took me an hour to fit new kenwood 3way speakers.Never bothered securing the grills becoz it was just too nuch 4me on that day to put the god damn thing in.urrrrrrrrrgh
zinedan
Unleaded
Unleaded

Return to General FTO Discussion