Insurance Renewal :)

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Insurance Renewal :)

Postby soc » Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:16 am

Just got my renewal quote from QD for next years insurance.... down from a whopping 3150 euro TPF to a more reasonable (but still not realistic) 1700 euro.

Bloody stupid - I paid 3000 euro a year for 2 years on a GS and then I go buy a GR and I get quoted at 1700 for renewal...... looks like my accident 4 years ago is off the record now :)

That said, I am happy to be paying 1400 less for next year
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:42 am

I got my renewal a couple of months ago from Coyle (have been with them for the past 4 years as the broker). What I noticed this year is that they have changed my insurer, but even though I never changed my GPX car details with them, they have reduced my cc to 1834 and are now quoting my insurance as being for a GS. Unfortunately my premium has also increased by about 30% up to 1400 now.

I have been meaning to call them to let them know that my details are now incorrect (GS instead of GPX) but I have a feeling that when they go to get another quote it will be refused and I will be hit with a massive hike to get the GPX insured.
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby soc » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:58 pm

Kace wrote:I got my renewal a couple of months ago from Coyle (have been with them for the past 4 years as the broker). What I noticed this year is that they have changed my insurer, but even though I never changed my GPX car details with them, they have reduced my cc to 1834 and are now quoting my insurance as being for a GS. Unfortunately my premium has also increased by about 30% up to 1400 now.

I have been meaning to call them to let them know that my details are now incorrect (GS instead of GPX) but I have a feeling that when they go to get another quote it will be refused and I will be hit with a massive hike to get the GPX insured.

That sucks bug time.... in my case, i'll be 30 in november (although i still keep getting asked for id in pubs and clubs, you'll understand when/if you ever meet me :)) so my insurance shouldn't be that steep!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:22 pm

Bad news Shane is that I was 30 a couple of years ago and have 9yrs NCB :?

It doesn't get too much easier with age....
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dean » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:23 pm

€4800 with 7 years NCB :P
Dean
I prefer my FTO to the missus
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Return to Motor Insurance