[FTO MEET] June Bank Holiday Limerick [Sunday 01/06/2014]

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

[FTO MEET] June Bank Holiday Limerick [Sunday 01/06/2014]

Postby Bernard » Sun May 11, 2014 6:09 pm

Those of you who have been on here for a while might remember the meet at my house a few years back for the circuit of Munster rally.
Here's a link to the thread.

The rally will be passing again on the Sunday of the June bank holiday this year, 1st of June.
From what I've heard it might be the last opportunity for me to do this for a while as the rally will be running elsewhere for the foreseeable future.

So, if anyone fancies a BBQ (weather permitting) and a bit of rallying then stick your name down, it was a great day the last time so I'm hoping for more of the same....
Everyone's welcome.

Pic from 2008

Picture taken from my back yard at last year's rally (my house is on a 90 left BTW)

The catch
As it's going to be the first stage the road will be closing early. To the best of my knowledge it's stage 1,4 & 7.
The letter I received from the motor club says the road will be closed from 08.30 to 16.45 so you'd have to arrive before that to be able to park up in the garden.
I'd imagine they'd allow cars to come in between stages but I won't guarantee it.
There's also the option to park just up the road and walk down.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [FTO MEET] June Bank Holiday Limerick [Sunday 01/06/2014

Postby TopCat » Fri May 16, 2014 7:00 pm

Gutted I won't be able to make this, but it was a great event the first year. First time I got to meet everyone and really enjoyed the day. Weather can be unpredictable, and I'm not talking from year to year. You can go from glorious sunshine to almighty downpour in about 7 seconds, lol. Highly recommend it though, great way to enjoy the rally.
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby optical illusion » Sun May 18, 2014 10:18 pm

The one in 2008 was epic. It's a BYOF affair I assume?

Weather permitting I may come along, can't remember being there that early in '08?
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Mon May 19, 2014 8:02 am

Yeah, in '08 it was stage 5&7, this year we get three stages 1,4 & 7 so it's an early one alright.
If people can't make it to the start they could park 100 yards up the road and walk down but it'd be nice to have a few FTOs in the garden again.
Also, like I said, I imagine they'd allow some cars in from the main road (opposite direction to rally traffic) between stages but I won't guarantee it.

As for the food, still no vegie burgers here I'm afraid :wink:
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby optical illusion » Tue May 20, 2014 9:28 pm

I might just park down the way so if I do go.

I haven't been a veggie since 2009. Lost too much weight!
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Irish FTO meets