[EVENT] Trackday - Mondello [29th Sept 2008]

This forum is a means of informing the community on up and coming meets and events

Moderators: Moderators, Event Organisers

[EVENT] Trackday - Mondello [29th Sept 2008]

Postby jpo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi folks,

JP here from the SXOC (200SX Owners Club) - I've been chatting with CJ about inviting your good selves to the trackday I've been organising for the SXOC, FTO Ireland, IrishRotary, SkylineOwners & the GTR Owners Club members in Ireland. I've extended the invitation to the Nissan 300/350Z clubs and the Toyota Supra crowds as well.

Originally it was supposed to be a small inter-club trackday but between SXOC, IROC & SO we couldn't fill all 40 spots on our own so I've changed the "theme" of the trackday to accomodate more clubs if they/you'd like to join us? :-)

So-far we've got 200SX's, Silvias, S15's, Skylines, GTR Skylines, RX7's & (hopefully) RX8's, and we're hopeing to hear from people with 300ZX's, 350Z's, FTO's & Supras. The general theme behind the day now is japanese performance-car owners clubs, so genuine car enthusiasts all meeting up and getting to drive their cars to the limits they're comfortable with without fear of someone in a €100 scrapyard special flying into them sideways! :smt021

Sound like something you'd be interested in?

Details of the day are as follows:
Date: Monday 29th September 2008
Time: 1pm-5:30pm (track-time starts at 2, briefings etc beforehand)
Track: Mondello International Circuit, Co. Kildare

Bad news for the drifters I'm afraid though:
"Unfortunately we are not allowed run drifting sessions anymore, they were too noisy and tore up the grass verges, it's a pity cause everyone
enjoyed it but the boss is strict about it and absolutely no more drifting allowed on track days. Sorry about this but it's out of my control."

To make the cost of the day low enough for everyone (I'm aiming for between €175 & €200 per person for the day) we're looking for 40 people or thereabouts.

At some stage we may invite another/other club(s) to join us to make up numbers seeing as we're having the International track for the morning. Details of this will be announced at a later stage.

When putting your name down for the trackday please be aware that I'll be looking for a deposit of €100 from you as soon as you're name's up. I'm looking at getting a bank account that we can use for future events like this; for now just PM me & we can sort out the best/easiest way of getting the money to me or one of the other area reps. If there's a few of you in the same area & one or other is going to a meet in the mean-time for example then would be a good time to club together all your deposits and have them in.

Deposits are non-refundable. The only exception to this rule is if the list is full and if for some reason you can't make it, you can sell your space on the track to another member for the deposit amount or if you pay me the full amount up-front the same applies.

Any questions? Post them up here! :smt023

Interested? Get your name down!!! :smt003

SXOC:
1) JP (Full Member) - Deposit Received
2) calicagesracing (Full Member) - Deposit Received
3) slammedmind (full member) - Deposit Received
4) stiv (full member) - Deposit Received
5) sxmad {membership on the way} - Deposit Received
6) Razzer (full member) - Deposit Received
7) S.K (Full Member) - Deposit Received
8. scoby (full member) - Deposit Received
9) blue d (full member) - Deposit Received
10) Don O'Gorman (Full member) - Deposit Received
11) B.E (Full member) - Deposit Received
12) Col200sx (Full Member) - Deposit Received
13) ...

S15oc:

1) jhinchy - Deposit Received
2) GMC S15 - Leaving deposit with Don for JP
3) ...

IROC:
1) 2qk4u - Deposit Received
2) Zakktheaxman - Deposit Received
3) Colin777 - Sorting deposit with JP
4) Wozza - Deposit Received
5) Mul - Deposit Received
6) Duffman - will give deposit to DaveV from SXOC to give to Nelly to give to JP)
7) ...

SO:
1) Robbie - Deposit Received
2) DaveV - Leaving deposit with Nelly
3) ...

FTOI:
1) ...
jpo
1st gear
1st gear

Postby optical illusion » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:30 pm

This really is a good laugh guys, I recommend going if your car is up to speed, the international track is awesome, but it is tough on your car. If things are about to wrong, they will, afterwards. If I could afford new tyres and brakes I'd be gone in a heartbeat.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:33 pm

Is there an option for going for a look? As in going and not part-taking? I'd like to have a look at the machines and bring mine but dont want to put her under the pressure of a track.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:35 pm

there were a few lads from here who put their FTO on Mondello .... some advice maybe .?
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Re: Trackday for SXOC, FTO-I, IROC, SO, S15oc, GTROC - 29th

Postby kevinod » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:57 pm

jpo wrote:genuine car enthusiasts all meeting up and getting to drive their cars to the limits they're comfortable with without fear of someone in a €100 scrapyard special flying into them sideways! :smt021

So instead the genuine car enthusiasts get to drive their cars to the limits they're comfortable with with the fear of a €5-10k jap performance car flying into them sideways?

What's the story with insurance for this? I know normal road insurance isn't going to touch this with a barge pole, will any of the Irish insurance companies even talk to you about covering you for this?

Not interested in participating myself although wouldn't mind going along for a look...
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby CJ » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:13 pm

I attended the last event organised by JP and co in Mondello and its a well organised day without any form of messing, everyone is respectful on track and while accidents can (and sometimes do) happen, nobody attending this event will be interested in damaging their own cars. As such, folks will tend to drive accordingly and within their own abilities.

Your insurance policy will not cover you on track, something that you may want to consider. I'm not sure if theres much in the way of track day insurance options in the Republic, JP?

If you want to get to a better feel for your cars ability in a reasonably controlled environment, I can think of no better (legal!) option.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby optical illusion » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:32 am

That's right, your normal policy will not cover you. There is track day insurance available, JP will have more info because he was at the last Octane track day and insurance options were available.

BTW, make sure you have a towing eye, otherwise your car will be forklifted out.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby jpo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:08 pm

Dragonheart wrote:Is there an option for going for a look? As in going and not part-taking? I'd like to have a look at the machines and bring mine but dont want to put her under the pressure of a track.

If it's standard or modified properly & well-maintained there's nothing to stop you heading out on-track, it's not compulsory to try & find reasons for it to break you know! ;) Just make sure that if you do go out, if/when you feel the brakes starting to cook or tyres screeching in every corner, bring her in for a short time & let everything settle/cool down a bit. That's the beauty of an open pit-lane: you can drive in & out as much as you like without having to keep up with anyone else. ;)

CJ wrote:I attended the last event organised by JP and co in Mondello and its a well organised day without any form of messing, everyone is respectful on track and while accidents can (and sometimes do) happen, nobody attending this event will be interested in damaging their own cars. As such, folks will tend to drive accordingly and within their own abilities.

Thanks CJ! Will you have anything to take out on track this time yourself? 8)

CJ wrote:If you want to get to a better feel for your cars ability in a reasonably controlled environment, I can think of no better (legal!) option.

This pretty-much sums up a trackday folks! :smt023 Go on, you know you want to...... ;)

optical illusion wrote:That's right, your normal policy will not cover you. There is track day insurance available, JP will have more info because he was at the last Octane track day and insurance options were available.

I don't have any more information on this I'm afraid, if someone who is going requests it though I can ask Mondello or one of the Octane organisers what they found out. The only insurance we have on the day as it stands is Public Liability (so if anyone gets injured in the paddock say, we're covered).

optical illusion wrote:BTW, make sure you have a towing eye, otherwise your car will be forklifted out.

Sound advice - sometimes people go off into the gravel or grass & can't get out so the marshalls will tow you out by whatever's most solid at the front/back of your car. Towing-eye/hooks are recommended just in case it happens.
FTO-I and SXOC TRACKDAY!!!! Monday 20th July 09
jpo
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:36 am

jpo wrote: Will you have anything to take out on track this time yourself? 8)

I'm seriously considering bringing the VR-4 out for a run but I'm concerned about the brakes - its a heavy car and standard barking is not really up to scratch. That said, I can drive at my own pace and as you say, get into the pits if things get hot under the collar.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jpo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:19 pm

CJ wrote:
jpo wrote: Will you have anything to take out on track this time yourself? 8)

I'm seriously considering bringing the VR-4 out for a run but I'm concerned about the brakes - its a heavy car and standard barking is not really up to scratch. That said, I can drive at my own pace and as you say, get into the pits if things get hot under the collar.

CJ

Yes yes!! That's what we like to hear! ;) So will you be going under the IROC or FTOI banner this time? :mrgreen:
jpo
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:54 pm

JP, you have pm - I'm game ball.

Anyone else up for a good day out?

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jpo » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:27 am

C'mon folks, who's up for it?? 8) Someone's got to represent the FTOs out there! ;)
jpo
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:43 am

jpo wrote:Someone's got to represent the FTOs out there! ;)

I agree - anyone off on Monday with a few hours to spare should consider coming out on track, theres no pressure to drive the bejaysus out of your motor, its a case of drive to your own / the cars limits.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CJ » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:21 pm

I'd a great day on track today, the VR-4 performed well, it was surprisingly stable on track and didn't step out once. The 4WD and AYC kept the car in check perfectly with the odd bit of controllable 4 wheel drift.

It a was a pity we didn't get any FTOs out, more effort next time lads!

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Muttly » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:02 pm

Heres a few pics. If you want anything of your car let me know and I'll see what I have.

Wasn't she pretty in action.

A few action shots.

FLAMAGE!!!!!

Muttly

Postby Muad_dib77 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:44 am

very nice - looks like a good fun day was had by all..

very annoyed I wasn't able to attend - but these days I cant even get time off to pick up family members at the airport..
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby TopCat » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:48 am

Savage pics Muttly :smt023
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:52 am

Fantastic pics - really dissapointed I couldn't make this - was just back from JayVR's stag and had NCT that day.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:06 pm

Muttly, any pics of the VR-4 on track? :smt112

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jpo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:17 pm

Thanks to CJ for coming along to represent, even if he wasn't in an FTO! :lol: The VR4 looked the business! 8)
jpo
1st gear
1st gear

Postby Muttly » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:01 pm

CJ wrote:Muttly, any pics of the VR-4 on track? :smt112

CJ
Here you go. http://rapidshare.com/files/150062143/CJ.zip
Muttly

Return to Irish FTO meets