Quinn will not insure the FTO!

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Postby mcgon1979 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:28 pm

mcgon1979 wrote:my insurance us up in 2 weeks with Quinn.... It was 800 a year fully comp, but some stoooopid person pulled in front of me in traffic and slammed on the brakes (I kid you not)... they then went to town with passenegr knee injuries and sore neck and back etc etc. there was virtually no damage to their car and cosmetic damage to my front bumper. they went all out though to milk the system, so Im really apprehensive what my policy quote will be in two weeks. I have 5 years no claims and full license (protected) but not doubt it will 6000euro or something quinn like. :( :( :(

Got my quote.... It has not gone up after my claim. I'm stunned :shock: and very happy obviously. Still have my 6 years no claims protected discount and my quote is still 860euro fully comp with breakdown etc on GP version R. Thank *&^% for that. I was expecting it to have gone up at least 50 - 100%.
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Dragonheart » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:13 pm

Excellent! Great stuff. Light at the end of the tunnel after all that drama so.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby stevec » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:29 pm

Cool, glad to hear that mcgon.
stevec
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby mcgon1979 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:39 am

cheers lads. :)
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby miss-enzo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:24 pm

Re quinn direct: ive had some "interesting" dealing with them previously, can be conpletE A-holes at time but they are the cheapest (for me anyway)

Any insurance company that refuses to quote you on a car can be reported to the Irish Insurance Federation (i had to do this with quinn when they gave me a false quote and it was sorted in a day!)
see here
http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/phpBB2 ... php?t=5208

As for ppl already insured, a company CANNOT concal your policy, they have to insure current customers on cars they buy and the quotes have to be reasonable. they cannot decide to cancel you (unless u have had a few claims in a short time, then as far as i know they can cancel it due to you being a high risk customer... could be wrong on that now so dont quote me or nethin!)
My FTO is for sale viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12725
miss-enzo
My other car's an FTO...as well
My other car's an FTO...as well

Previous

Return to Motor Insurance