Announcements

If you've any comments on what might make fto-ireland.com a better site, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Announcements

Postby optical illusion » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Were these always at the top section of every category in the forum?

It's annoying enough having to scroll down through all the stickies but now I have to do it in every category?
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Announcements

Postby colm_mcm » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

These announcements are called global announcements and are used to announce something either of high importance, or to attract the attention of someone who might only frequent 1 or 2 sections of the forum. Certain times of the year will have more announcements than others. There are also stickies and standard announcements that are forum section specific

The current Global announcements are as follows:

Limerick signups here: For the upcoming Custom and Performance show, a lot of people don't view the FTO meets section of the forum that often, we are trying to attract as many site members to the show as possible - a global announcement targets these people.

Japfest 2009 interest: see above.

The next FTO Ireland meet is.....: This was created after a number of comments from site members who were disappointed at missing a particular meet, this thread is updated after every meet and is a good way of letting people know about upcoming meets - which are an integral part of the club.

Help keep FTO Ireland up and running:
The club depends on donations from site members, a constant reminder of this may encourage more donations.

At the moment there are 5. 2 of these are for big upcoming events - you may find it easier to use the VIEW NEW POSTS function, this only displays topics that have been replied to since your last sign-in. it cuts out a lot of clicking and frustration - you could even bookmark the page that comes up.
colm_mcm

Postby optical illusion » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:32 pm

colm_mcm wrote: you may find it easier to use the VIEW NEW POSTS function, this only displays topics that have been replied to since your last sign-in. it cuts out a lot of clicking and frustration - you could even bookmark the page that comes up.

Great, I will use this thanks.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:42 pm

I take the point that announcements require you to scroll down to view new posts, a minor inconvienience but an inconvienience nonetheless. To that end, I've 'un-announced' some non-global annoucements and changed them to normal or 'sticky' posts where appropriate. As per Colm, the view new posts link at the top LHS of the page is a good quick and easy way to see new posts in one fell swoop.

Cols alluded to it already - global announcements are very useful in terms of getting broad coverage of meets etc.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bernard » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:09 pm

Is it just me?

Announcements can easily be missed unless you click on them straight away, I find the new post highlight disappears if you check another section before reading it.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dragonheart » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 am

Same here ya Bernard.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Suggestions, announcements and updates