Just broke my drivers window!

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Just broke my drivers window!

Postby CJ » Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:39 pm

How p!ssed offf am I, I was attempting to tighten the drivers side window guide and in the process clamped onto the window and broke the damn thing :( I'm going to go looking for a replacement on Monday morning, thats the guts of 300 sods down the drain :x

Anyone know of any FTOs in a scrap yard near Dublin before I go and pay Jap Autospares over the odds?

If you're of doing this yourself be careful with the vice grips...

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kace » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:10 pm

Shlt CJ, that's a bummer. I am about to try the same thing myself as coordsport have been trying for months to get guides in. So would the secret be to try and do this while the window is up ?

KC
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:50 am

Kace wrote:Shlt CJ, that's a bummer. I am about to try the same thing myself as coordsport have been trying for months to get guides in. So would the secret be to try and do this while the window is up ?

KC

You'll need to have the window about 3/4 of the way down to get at the guide, theres not a lot of room to maneouver around so just be careful what you clamp onto. Picked up a second-hand window from Jap Autospare for €120, not too bad. Having it fitted at the moment so should have the car back later. Still p!ssed off about wasting money on buying the thing, installation and taxis!

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General FTO Discussion