Increase on toll charges

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Increase on toll charges

Postby Aido C » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:48 pm

VAT is now to be charged on M50 and Port Tunnel tolls at 21%. All tolls have VAT charged at 21% but these 2 toll were made exempt in August 2008 because the bridge builders said they were incurring to much cost so the government made them exempt from VAT. This was so the tolls would have 21% more money for themselves. Now the VAT is back and tolls dont want to put the price down so it is the punter and Non VAT registered persons who is now going to incur these costs.

Just doesn't seem fair that it is the average Joe Soap who has to take it on the chin again.

What's your views on this?
Aido C
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Re: Increase on toll charges

Postby Dragonheart » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:55 pm

The toll is a joke full stop, we drove to Scotland last Friday night, (well to Belfast and ferry over), on the way we passed through a toll outside Limerick, the M50 toll, and another one somewhere on the M1 I think it was, we left the M50 to get petrol, couldnt find a station so headed back onto it, they expected us to pay again, no personnel on the barrier so we couldnt argue the point, so we did a very illegal thing and reversed up the slip road, went down the road about 200 yards and found an off ramp with no toll booth! As well as all that, the M50 was covered in road works, down to 2 lanes (or one in places as far as I remember), and the Limerick motorway was a 60 or 80 road and down to one lane cause of road works for the majority of it! What the hell are we paying for??!! We pay enough in car tax as it is without charging us extra to use a bloody road which we have a right to be using anyway.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Crazy - doesn't seem like that long ago they increased toll charges. That M50 toll has well paid for itself by now - know of several Euro countries that remove the toll booths once the road has been paid for. Rip off Ireland is still alive and well in the middle of the biggest recession this country has ever seen. And its all because the general Irish person will just put up and shut up. Its time to get f*ckin cranky people and take no more of this sh1t.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Muad_dib77 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:48 pm

I do my damndest to avoid the tolls.. sometimes it means sitting traffic for ages..but it's worth not having to make the call... useless absolutely useless.
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby optical illusion » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:40 pm

I swear if the government could tax air here they would, and it would be sh1t quality air too.
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Aido C » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:28 pm

optical illusion wrote:I swear if the government could tax air here they would, and it would be sh1t quality air too.

Good one :lol:
Aido C

Return to Off Topic