Tomorrow is GR day

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Tomorrow is GR day

Postby soc » Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:57 pm

Gonna pick up the a tip GR tomorrow.... you'd be amazed at the number of "other" cars I've looked at and I couldn't find anything that comes remotely close to the FTO in terms of style, handling and performance for the money..... although the finace thinks there are too many around now. ah well, i'll just have to suffer with a 2.0lt V6 engine wharbling away everytime i plant the right foot.... :)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Tomorrow is GR day

Postby soc » Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:58 pm

shane wrote:Gonna pick up the a tip GR tomorrow....

I suppose I'll have to make out the shopping list now..... springs, dial rings, induction kit, strut braces etc, etc...
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mark » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:00 pm

Best of luck with the GR Shane, I have to say that i'm not in the least bit disappointed with mine especially after testing so many GPX's!
mark
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby keville » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:15 pm

Same as that Shane Best of luck with the GR,Have one myself since feb and its like I bought it yesterday.My Girl reckons I like it more than her (Im still thinking about that one)

Keville :roll:
keville
Octane king
Octane king

Postby soc » Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:35 am

keville wrote:Same as that Shane Best of luck with the GR,Have one myself since feb and its like I bought it yesterday.My Girl reckons I like it more than her (Im still thinking about that one)

Keville :roll:

Hehe, i hear that - the amount of grief i've had about getting this car....... people just don't understand what a performance bargin an FTO is. That said, I'd say she's gonna be pissed when she sees it cause it needs some tiding in terms of body work!
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby keville » Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:35 pm

Your right great handling and performance for a resonable price, with regards to the bodywork my own one has a good few chips out of the front(someone must have been crawling over the back of a car while on loose chippings)But as long as you get that V6 roar as you shoe it and get thrown into your seat it'll be worth the agro :twisted:

Keville
keville
Octane king
Octane king

Postby soc » Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:07 am

keville wrote:Your right great handling and performance for a resonable price, with regards to the bodywork my own one has a good few chips out of the front(someone must have been crawling over the back of a car while on loose chippings)But as long as you get that V6 roar as you shoe it and get thrown into your seat it'll be worth the agro :twisted:

Keville

Turns out the car is much cleaner than I remembered and wine is a pretty good colour as it looks quite understated - she likes that. I think she was pretty impressed. Well I know I'm impressed - compared to the GS it has SERIOUS power - still a little flat at low revs but very quick all the same. Never had much problem with wheelspin in the GS but now I have to watch the heavy right foot. Also that noise....... it's very, very nice. A metallic rasp and that's with the cat and standard exhaust fitted..... :-) Have to say I've been afraid to rev here past 5,500 cause this is what I was used to doing on the GS - it's a wierd feeling watching the revs climb and knowing there are another 2,000 to go!

I just ordered all the oils (engine, gearbox) and filters as well as some Apex springs (cause these were excellent on the GS) - all from Camskill.

Fun, fun, fun :)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby keville » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:29 pm

Congrats on your purchase,
The only agro you get now will be for staring at all those birds that you attract with your gr :P ,if your goin to the meet on the 27th I'll see you there
Keville
keville
Octane king
Octane king

Return to General FTO Discussion