Renewal up today

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Renewal up today

Postby d_dan » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:01 pm

Renewal was up today,

€1,126 with traveller :D
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:44 pm

I don't get that. Travellers told me that they wouldn't cover me last year, despite being on a trade policy with them. did you go through Jardine LLoyd Thomson or direct?

Is that fully comp, with mods declared?

please PM me details of whoever you were dealing with I'm up for renewal next month.
colm_mcm

Postby d_dan » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:36 pm

im with 123.ie
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:41 pm

They wouldn't quote me last yr. please PM me details :?

Is that fully comp, with mods declared, you as the main driver?
colm_mcm

Postby Muad_dib77 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:05 am

this insurance thing is nuts.. it's like people are pulling random numbers out of a hat..and sometimes they're not at the hat when they answer the phone so they just don't give a quote..

fair play dan..did you insure it as standard or are they cool with the alterations?
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby d_dan » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:17 am

:roll:
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:21 am

Seems to have gone down since last time
Last edited by colm_mcm on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
colm_mcm

Postby d_dan » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:23 pm

colm your fishing for an answer your not going to get. because you know dam well what it is
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:22 pm

This would be classed as one of those times you unintentionally mislead people through not telling the whole story then.

I took your original post to mean that a guy your age could get insurance on an FTO in your own name and all above board with mods declared (The question of declaring mods was raised with you before, and was answered)

For example: I could get a quote on a Mitsubishi Colt 1.3 and get a policy on the same with my FTOs reg number and stick it in somebody elses name. I could probably get insurance for €500 (this is just an example, not saying this is the case here)

Should I then go telling everyone that I got a quote for €500?
I thought the whole point of this section of the forum is to highlight insurance companies that are getting good deals and to be able to compare a like-for-like with other owners to se if we're being ripped off.

There's nothing incorrect in your original post, but it annoys me that you didn't make yourself clearer seeing as I asked you to PM details straight afterwards.
colm_mcm

Postby Uncle B » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:50 pm

€1120 with a turbo!? :shock:
Get out of here Nebulon! No one likes your style...
Uncle B
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby d_dan » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:57 pm

I gave the price of 4200 or somwhere around there with everything declaired guys...

When i got my car I insured it for what it was and i just renewed the policy from what it was...
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Uncle B » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:17 pm

Were there any mods on it at that time?

€1120 is a nice price for a standard GPX anyway, can you pm me the details too Dan? Think we're around the same age but you might have an extra year NCD on me.
Get out of here Nebulon! No one likes your style...
Uncle B

Postby gary d » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:04 pm

d_dan wrote:I gave the price of 4200 or somwhere around there with everything declaired guys...

When i got my car I insured it for what it was and i just renewed the policy from what it was...
technically then you are not insured! In the event of a claim your insurance company are entitled to hang you out to dry as you have made a false declaration. even the most inept insurance assessor would spot a turbo conversion lurking under the hood!
1120e is a lot of wedge to pay for a disc to put in your window, only takes one clued up traffic cop to piss on your parade if they were to start digging, which considering your scenario "young male, heavily modified sports car. is highly likely! :smt018
gary d
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby gary d » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:14 pm

d_dan wrote:I gave the price of 4200 or somwhere around there with everything declaired guys...

A work colleague of mine did this, He then crashed into the back of a car waitng at traffick lights and pushed it into the car in front of it. his car was modified 1.2 on log but 1.4 engine installed, bodykit ,etc,etc none of which was declared. Insurance covered the cost of loss to third parties, but told him he could whistle for his own and yes he was fully comp. he ended up with 6 penalty points and his insurance trebled. how would you like to pay £4250 for a ROVER 25TD :roll:
gary d
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby d_dan » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:59 pm

Do you really think i dont know this?
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby miss-enzo » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:10 pm

then why are u doing it?? its a pretty big risk in my eyes! I mean if caught you could be refused insurance ever again!!!!

Not being a b!tch or anything but if you cant insure the car for what it is then you shouldnt be driving it! Just my opinion.......
My FTO is for sale viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12725
miss-enzo
My other car's an FTO...as well
My other car's an FTO...as well

Postby kevinod » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:29 pm

Not telling you what to do, and honestly really hope you don't ever get caught, but I'll just say this, like in Gary's example it doesn't have to be your fault.
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Postby gary d » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:50 pm

d_dan wrote:Do you really think i dont know this?
If you know all about it? why boast about a quote you've obtained under false pretences?
Drink drivers and the uninsured are the scourge of our roads! :evil:
gary d
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby gary d » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:00 pm

kevinod wrote:Not telling you what to do, and honestly really hope you don't ever get caught, but I'll just say this, like in Gary's example it doesn't have to be your fault.

Sorry I don't mean to correct you, but in the example I gave it was his fault as he hit an innocent motorist who was stationary waiting at traffic lights and it was he that made a false declaration to his insurance company. I know what you mean though dosen't matter how careful you are if some other arsehole pulls out in front of you etc.
gary d
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Postby steelroe » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:25 pm

Bit silly posting something like this on as a public forum if you ask me, not to mention totally illegal.
To be honest DAN the figurwe you posted above is irrelevant in the context of this forum but a good quote for a standard GPX with a youndg driver.
steelroe
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby kevinod » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:24 pm

gary d wrote:
kevinod wrote:Not telling you what to do, and honestly really hope you don't ever get caught, but I'll just say this, like in Gary's example it doesn't have to be your fault.

Sorry I don't mean to correct you, but in the example I gave it was his fault as he hit an innocent motorist who was stationary waiting at traffic lights and it was he that made a false declaration to his insurance company. I know what you mean though dosen't matter how careful you are if some other arsehole pulls out in front of you etc.

Oop I misread it, thought he was rear ended and pushed into the car in front of him. :oops:
Steel Silver manual GR (95 C)
kevinod

Return to Motor Insurance