NCT FAIL not too upset..

Discuss issues related to the NCT \ MOT

Moderator: Moderators

NCT FAIL not too upset..

Postby finers » Tue May 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Finally got around to the nct after new clutch installed recently,car is going like new, im being optimistic and think it actually went quite well for some reason I thought it was going to fail on the dreaded emissions as alot of the fto's are which by reading can be a pig to resolve, Emissions passed,Alignment,lights,suspension passed, it failed on corrosion on Lines/hoses with new ones fitted should be sorted the only worry is it failed on some Corrosion / rust on the chasis / underbody I was talking to the guy and said it usually just has to be painted up I know it can't be too bad myself as i'm always under the car and and there is no major corrosion, I'm dropping it over to Pauls in a week to get sorted then hopefully it will fly through.

Anyone else have these problems?, also my Tax will just be out a few days in the restest I wouldn't drive the car w/o tax but I'm leaving for Aus in September and seems like a waste to re tax it even for 3months?, do you think they would check the tax again on the re-test?
Black 98 GPvR Manual,
finers
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Re: NCT FAIL not too upset..

Postby Dragonheart » Tue May 24, 2011 1:36 pm

Not 100% sure but I think it has to be taxed to be NCT'ed. The fact its a retest though might be ok. They'd only be checking what it failed on and not checking everything again.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Tue May 24, 2011 3:40 pm

finers wrote:the only worry is it failed on some Corrosion / rust on the chasis / underbody I was talking to the guy and said it usually just has to be painted up I know it can't be too bad myself as i'm always under the car and and there is no major corrosion

Finers, have you seen this deal on undersealing?
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby finers » Wed May 25, 2011 4:33 pm

Great stuff thanks lads, that under seal seems like the way to go, I may jack it up now and have a look if its not too bad I may just prepare and do it myself.
On another note can a second re-test be done if it fails again for something stupid or does the full test apply again?
Black 98 GPvR Manual,
finers
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Sebastian » Wed May 25, 2011 4:35 pm

on the Re-test they will only check the bits that you faild on !
just be sure you sort them out before the re-test period expires.

If it does , a full test /pay must be made .
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby finers » Wed May 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Sebastian wrote:on the Re-test they will only check the bits that you faild on !
just be sure you sort them out before the re-test period expires.

If it does , a full test /pay must be made .

Great stuff Seb, just had a look underneath the back of chasis of the car there as far as I can see it's not bad at all!, just a few rust spots can't see any holes or the likes that may need to be welded, I think it may be a waste to send it to place to get it undersealed as I'm selling it once it has the nct and it's in great condition, might pop over to halfrauds amarach and buy some underseal presuming they sell it, a few minutes of the wire brush and paint it up should be as good as new, will have a better look after dinner.
Black 98 GPvR Manual,
finers
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby CJ » Wed May 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Halfords sell Waxoyl underseal if I remember correctly.
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to NCT \ MOT