APEX Lowering Springs Worth it for me??

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

APEX Lowering Springs Worth it for me??

Postby adrian » Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:39 pm

Hi all,

I want to get the APEX lowering spring kit from FP. But, some folk have suggested to me that, since I drive a GS, the effect will not be that good as the springs are really made for the V6 lumps that most people have....and that my engine might be too light to weight the car down to the desired ratio that the springs plan for?

Anyone lowered a GS? What have you used? Anyone any opions on this??

Thanks as always experts!

Adrian
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby CJ » Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:57 pm

I lowered my GS originally with R-type springs, much lower that the AVO's but very hard on the road. I swapped them for AVO's and the ride height on the front was about an inch higher. Eibach also do springs for the FTO, have a search around the web and you should find something about them.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Daz » Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:25 pm

CJ wrote:I lowered my GS originally with R-type springs, much lower that the AVO's but very hard on the road. I swapped them for AVO's and the ride height on the front was about an inch higher. Eibach also do springs for the FTO, have a search around the web and you should find something about them.

Ciaran

Adrian

Chassis dynamics also do springs for the FTO i got them on my gpx and when fitted it droped just over 50mm which was more than i wanted (40mm) but as you said with the weight of the gs engine this might be the ones to get as it won't drop that much but should drop further than the AVO's

When i got mine (3 years ago) i got them from Camskills but they have since switched to selling AVO's but a quick search on the net might find a stockest for ya!!
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Re: APEX Lowering Springs Worth it for me??

Postby soc » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:14 am

adrian wrote:Hi all,

I want to get the APEX lowering spring kit from FP. But, some folk have suggested to me that, since I drive a GS, the effect will not be that good as the springs are really made for the V6 lumps that most people have....and that my engine might be too light to weight the car down to the desired ratio that the springs plan for?

Anyone lowered a GS? What have you used? Anyone any opions on this??

Thanks as always experts!

Adrian

Hey Adrian,

I used the Apex springs on my GS. Nice setup, comfortable and dropped the ride. It does drop the rear 25mm but the front only dropped 30mm and not the specified 45mm. Still makes a difference though - my car looked much better than the ones I went to see yesterday cause none of them were lowered.

Btw, I went with Camskill and got them 1 day later.

Cheers
Shane
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to General FTO Discussion