Getting younger

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

Getting younger

Postby goz_83 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Well, I sold the w210 E200k for €700....only a loss of €100 for several months ownership and free tax and nct, so not really a loss at all.

Then I spotted this:

It had a cracked rear bumper and crash bar damage. NCT til May. Asking €2000, paid €1500. Got a rear impact bar for €70 and GVD repaired and resprayed the bumper (plus fitting crash bar) for €140. It was valeted too :lol: so I am well happy.

There is a humming noise coming from the sbc braking pump, but I rang Mercedes and it looks like they might be sorting it for free :D . A bit of research goes a long way.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Getting younger

Postby Sebastian » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:56 pm

Keep an eye out for that SBC pump , dealer tried to sting me with a 4K € bill when he tried to convince me that mine reached the threshold . Mercedes DE was contacted and replaced under warranty .

there's a vibrating noise form the pump no matter what with the early w211 RHD models only due to longer piping . I can forward you info about it if interested .
IF it's an auto get the gearbox oil changed asap. Any other errors on the dashboard ?

From what I can see that's an Avantgarde spec ( bar the rims ) , do you have leather ?
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby goz_83 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:35 pm

Sebastian wrote:Keep an eye out for that SBC pump , dealer tried to sting me with a 4K € bill when he tried to convince me that mine reached the threshold . Mercedes DE was contacted and replaced under warranty .

there's a vibrating noise form the pump no matter what with the early w211 RHD models only due to longer piping . I can forward you info about it if interested .
IF it's an auto get the gearbox oil changed asap. Any other errors on the dashboard ?

From what I can see that's an Avantgarde spec ( bar the rims ) , do you have leather ?

I've done quite a bit of research on the sbc unit and I am aware that it really only needs the double damoer hose fitted in place of the standard one. But I will watch out for their BS alright. In saying that, I welcome any info you have to offer, as it will back up what I have. Send to Goz1983@hotmail.com

Its the elegance model and there's no leather. Would be a nice bonus, but I don't mind the cloth seats. It is an Auto (I need an Auto now, because I can no longer drive a manual) and I do plan to change the auto fluid, and the brake fluid. I already have the engine oil, spark plugs, air filter, oil filter and wiper blades in the shed for it. I plan to change out the coolant too.

The dash shows no errors. The car drives great and I have fixed a few niggly bits, such as replacing the visors, because the mirror covers were missing. I got a replacement first aid kit at the breakers for nothing (€40 on ebay :shock: ) and replaced the door under the passenger seat that held it.

I need to have the passenger seat looked at, as it wont engage the lever to move forward or aft. I cant get down to look, because I would break my spine doing it. I'm sure once it's out, I can repair it myself, if it needs to come out at all. The front suspension is a common failing with them. I did hear a squeak the first day I had it and it feels like the ball joints are wearing, but it doesn't yet hit my fussymeter.

NCT booked for the 19th of this month, but nct is not up til May 15th, so i have tons of time if anything needs doing.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:33 pm

I replaced a broken mirror indicator today on the passenger side of the car, where the lens was broken and cracked. Damn it was hard to remove! But I managed, thanks to a youtube search and a bit of fiddling about, it won't be failing an nct now and it looks super smooth too. I am waiting on an oil drain valve before I service the rest ofthe car.
Last edited by goz_83 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Temeeo » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:21 pm

Seriously Goz how do you do it? Another great value car, well wear! :)
99 Mitsubishi FTO GX Manual in Passion Red
Temeeo
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby goz_83 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:47 am

Temeeo wrote:Seriously Goz how do you do it? Another great value car, well wear! :)

You do know I'm a Hypnotist, right? :smt002

I really wish I could be driving the fto though. As nice as the Merc is....It's no manual Mivec. I intend to get one, if surgery is successful. It will be another fun project to look forward to.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Other Cars