Looking for info on fto gs

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Looking for info on fto gs

Postby davefla » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:11 pm

Just wonering if any of ye could give me some info about the gs model.Especially about manuals and tiptronics,bhp of the gs,modifying the engine,insurance,you get the picture!Just basically any info about the gs.Cheers!
davefla
1st gear
1st gear

Re: Looking for info on fto gs

Postby CJ » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:27 pm

davefla wrote:Just wonering if any of ye could give me some info about the gs model.Especially about manuals and tiptronics,bhp of the gs,modifying the engine,insurance,you get the picture!Just basically any info about the gs.Cheers!

Hi Davefla, welcome to the forums!
The GS puts out 125BHP as standard, the 4G93 engine can be modified a lot easier than the 6A12 engines found in the V6 models. An aftermarket exhaust and induction kit should see you getting a few BHP gains on the GS, after that, you can bore out the throttle body. Further mods like turbo\supercharging are possible, but very expensive. I previously owned a GS in manual form, at the end of the day, its personal choice, there are plenty of tiptronics out there that are in good copndition. Insurance on a GS should be marginally cheaper than a GR\GPX but that fact its an FTO means you will still be paying a high premium. The fact that you're 21 doesn't help in this instance, you may find it hard to get companies to quote you, be prepared for a lot of ringing around! Check out the relevant threads on the Motor Insurance forum to get an idea of peoples profiles and whet they are shelling out.

By the way, Adrian is selling his GS for a very competitive price, check out his ad on the For Sale forum for more info.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby davefla » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:08 pm

Cheers Ciaran.Just looked through the list of what some people are paying for insurance.They vary alot.One lad there alrite only 22 insured under his girlfriend,and he got a fairly decent quote.I suppose the only choice i have is to go under the mothers policy and try a few brokers.She's got full NCB,full license and no endorsments and ive got a full license for two years,named for three years.Hopefully i should get some type of quote with that.Wot u think?
davefla
1st gear
1st gear

Postby adrian » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:55 pm

Hey, thanks for the plug CJ :wink:

Yea, mine's advertised in this advert for 4850 (down from 6,100 what it's actually worth) but I will let her go now for 5,300 as that's what I should be getting from a contact in the trade this week or next. A steal and she's well loved and cared for....service records and extras included:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~adriangraham/fto

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby davefla » Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:02 pm

Well adrian hows things.Ya she's a fine car alrite,Just looking at the photos of it there.Im looking for a black one but i suppose i dont mind really.Id buy your one no hassle but im still looking around for insurance.Im working in a pub tonite and the local broker usually comes in for a few on a sunday nite,so ill be giving him a few free ones!!
davefla
1st gear
1st gear

Return to General FTO Discussion