Other ways to find a car

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Other ways to find a car

Postby adrian » Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:56 pm

Hi all,

When looking for a manual FTO I am only using the Internet. But the optomist in me can't help thinking "There is a manual GPX for sale somewhere in Ireland not on the Internet with my name on it". Where else can you look for these cars? I mean, whats to say there is not a garage somewhere in Ireland thats never heard of the internet selling a mint GPX manual? :wink:

Where else can I look?

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Re: Other ways to find a car

Postby soc » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:43 pm

adrian wrote:Hi all,

When looking for a manual FTO I am only using the Internet. But the optomist in me can't help thinking "There is a manual GPX for sale somewhere in Ireland not on the Internet with my name on it". Where else can you look for these cars? I mean, whats to say there is not a garage somewhere in Ireland thats never heard of the internet selling a mint GPX manual? :wink:

Where else can I look?

A

they only other way is to get some phone books and ring every garage number in the book... there is a 1995 manual GPX for sale in kilkenny - you can see it at www.madcars.com - i didn't bother going to look at it as they are looking for 9K for it (too expensive) and someone on here looked at it already and said it wasn't worth travelling down.
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby adrian » Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:06 pm

Looked at
that web site there now. Jeez, that FTO looks alright if you could get him down on price. How much you think it's worth?
what did the person who saw it think about it....what was wrong with it?

Wonder how many miles is on it?

A
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby Daz » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:05 pm

I might be in Kilkenny next tuesday, if i am i'll go check it out and see what it is like
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby mark » Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:28 pm

I have to say that the Buy and Sell is ok-the on-line one.
The only real bit of info that I can give you is that not all ads anywhere are correct,there are a few 'Typos'.
I used to ring up anyone who didn't specify things like'Tiptronic' etc,etc and luckily enough I acquired a really good Manual GR just from that.
Also oddly enough, people who tend to have FTO's also know other people who might be thinking about selling them.It's not bloody easy.Then if your'e lucky enough to find one,the spec is different from what you really want and most importantly,don't let your heart rule your head!
mark
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Return to General FTO Discussion