Road Rage Dangers...

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Road Rage Dangers...

Postby mcgon1979 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:32 pm

I was turning off a filter light into another road which has a clear yield sign to allow traffic like me to turn off the main road.
A car kept coming. I had to hit the brakes and avoided a collision by inches. The car had not stopped at all for the yield sign and kept coming presuming I was in the wrong and would yield for them...
I was crazy angry and full of adreniline. I flung my door open and jumped out to roar "thats a fc'kingg yield sign you just drove through" only to be cxonfornted by 2 young lads roaring and going bananas about killing me and breaking my car up...
I got back in and drove off knowing to argue with these live wires was not only dangerous but pointless too.
I drove to the next t junction 50m away. they drove up my back bumper beeping incessantly. Then proceeded to follow me for 2km at a distance of 1m from my back bumper until I pulled into a garda barracks. (no way I was driving home being followed aggressively like this) Then they drove off.
Reported the reg and situation to the gardai but decided not to make a formal complaint/statement until I thought about it. I was shaking with adreniline.
Now I think, pointless to make a complaint. because I gave the reg I think they will caution the driver regardless but it won't go further. anyway 2 of them and I was on my own with no witness so whats the point.
Gave me a fair ould jolt to be confronted like tat, but I never should have jumped out myself too but was so so so annoyed they drove straight trhough yield and almost into me.
Not worth getting out of your car ever I guess. Worried now that my car is recognisable and might be seen and followed or damaged or me attacked. who knows. they were behind me long enough to remember the car.
young lads though. 17 or 18. doubt they would be bothered to make more of it. fun of driving eh... :smt004
Ma olen kaine!
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Re: Road Rage Dangers...

Postby colm_mcm » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:47 am

It's a funny one, if someone pushes through a door in front of you, you don't take it personally. If someone bashes their shopping trolley into yours, you brush it off - but when cars are involved it gets personal.
colm_mcm

Re: Road Rage Dangers...

Postby optical illusion » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:30 pm

colm_mcm wrote:It's a funny one, if someone pushes through a door in front of you, you don't take it personally. If someone bashes their shopping trolley into yours, you brush it off - but when cars are involved it gets personal.

No. No. Yes :)

Response: Oh thanks - in a sarcastic voice. Accident cool - deliberate - prepare for a scene. I was in a supermarket queue one day and was painfully rammed 2 times in the ankles by a woman with an empty buggy (for some kind of reason she must have thought by ramming me I could somehow move forward more into the ar$e of the man in front of me) On the third ram I turned around and said: "If you hit my ankles one more time with that buggy I'll ram it so far up your ar$e you won't be able to walk for a week" And that was the end of that :)

I think some people are just prone to a bit of rage if provoked. :D
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to General FTO Discussion