A crash, a claim, a nightmare....

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Postby mcgon1979 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:36 pm

further to the last post, I noticed there is a piece of trim missing from behind the bumper. the 45 degree angle sheet of plastic that stops you looking at the radiator. You know the piece? the air intake channel sits just on the right hand side as you look into the engine bay.
I was not too bothered about it as it lets more air in around the air intake channel without this piece of plastic, but now Im annoyed.
One of my mates thinks I should proper hard line with them. Im not really the type and the workmanship on the job itself was excellent, just few sloppy bits like reusing the badge, and not replacing that piece of plastic I describe? In one mind I feel like ordering the badge myself and just doing it myself, end of story. on the other hand they should the lot out. replace that missing trim, and get the badge. just annoyed really. its novemeber 23rd. the tip was on august 30th. hmmm....
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:42 pm

If you are looking for a nice front badge without the hassle -
http://www.jdmperformance.co.uk/item.ph ... eNumber=55
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby mcgon1979 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:05 pm

Ignore this post... I ordered using the Chassis number as part was different. The guy can have it in tomorrow. It's funny how ordering the parts myself means they are available next day. yet if the repair place are sourcing the parts for me its 2 weeks. :( hmmm....
I would have thought with their connections they could make it happen faster than that. (sarcasm). Im sure if it was the badge off an M5 or a Merc they would have it next day... (tut tut)
fcuk it. The badge is 21 sterling + VAT + DELIVERY! so they can order it. no way Im paying.

On the parts page it says

Front Bumper Badge MB619311

Can someone please confirm thats for the facelift and the pre-facelift bumper? I assume they are identical badge wise?

thanks
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Previous

Return to Motor Insurance