Where did the customer service go......?

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Postby soc » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:58 pm

Gonna be picking up the new Golf tonight so I rang QD to transfer insurance - having been given a quote for €750 fully comp on tuesday imagine my suprise when they told me it would actually be €1550 !!!! And on top of that they flatly refused to transfer insurance from the golf to the FTO for a few hours on saturday so I can drive it to Portlaoise - what about giving the customer what he/she wants (within reason)?? :evil:

Anyway rang Axa and they gave me a very good quote - €1000 - with a whole bunch of extra benefits:
* only 150 excess
* windscreen cover claims won't effect NCB
* fire and theft claims won't effect the NCB
* step back protection on NCB

And they set up 7 day cover straight away with full cover starting after receipt of necessary documentation (proof of NCB etc.). And on top of all that - they have no problem transferring the insurance for a few hours on Saturday :)

I cannot believe the difference in service from these to companies......... looks like QD have the young market cornered and ain't too concerned about us oldies
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:23 pm

QD never did customer service in the first place, all they're concerned about is the money. I would really like to get away from this year but I reckon they're gonna be hard to beat on price.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mustang » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:35 pm

Shane wrote
they flatly refused to transfer insurance from the golf to the FTO for a few hours on saturday so I can drive it to Portlaoise

I was with QD for a year. The very same happened to me when I was changing cars a few years back :x
The QD experience is cheap and nasty. But if you're saving hundreds on insurance I guess you can't complain, they are generally cheaper.
It's a case of not being able to have your cake and eat it :!:
That said a friendliness and a little flexibility goes a long way.

having been given a quote for €750 fully comp on tuesday imagine my suprise when they told me it would actually be €1550 !!!!

Maybe they got wise to your intended performance mods :wink:

Mustang
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:52 pm

Mustang wrote:Maybe they got wise to your intended performance mods :wink:

We can sort that out:

access-list quinndirect deny ip <QD IP address range> fto-ireland.com

Sorry lads, I've been working with Ciscos all day, I've got access-lists coming out of my ears ;)

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby soc » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:29 am

Mustang wrote:The QD experience is cheap and nasty. But if you're saving hundreds on insurance I guess you can't complain, they are generally cheaper.

yea, I agree - and while the girl I talked to on the phone was really nice the company's policy sucks - and they were more expensive! I think it's cause they seem to hammer you with fully comp policies. But they wouldn't quote me 3rd party cause of the value of the car -

But when you think that Axa won't eat my NCB if I should suffer car theft it makes you wonder :?

Maybe they got wise to your intended performance mods :wink:
Mustang

Actually I'm thinking of leaving it as it is for a while - right now it's plenty fast enough in real world terms (although I'm sure I'll get used to it quick enough) - the low down torque makes it feel really fast :)
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Motor Insurance