ICE !!!

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

ICE !!!

Postby mike » Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:17 am

Anbody know anything about the 2 tweeters in the front of the FTO GR ?
I have`quite a loud set up in the car, a 4 way / 600 watt amp in the boot running 2 / 4 way speakers in the rear. The other 2 channels out of the amp run a 250 watt tube sub. I have 2 / 3 way 180 watt speakers in the front door run off the head unit ( single pre out ) The set is fine and enough sound to scare crap out of horses and old people while passing them, but I would love to get the 2 tweeters running as well. Any suggestions would be very welcome. :P
mike
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:35 pm

In order for tweeters to work effectively, they need to be paired with mid range speakers and crossovers to filter the high frequencies off to the tweeters. I'm running a set of Rockford Fosgate componants up front (50W RMS per channel) with built in crossovers and tweeters, they're being driven but a 400W RMS Rockford Punch sub (see boot pic here).

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mike » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:20 am

thanks i'll look at that. Whats a power capacitor do. I think it's something to do with stablising power flow. If I got one, what would you recommend ? cheers
mike
1st gear
1st gear

Postby CJ » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:12 pm

mike wrote:thanks i'll look at that. Whats a power capacitor do. I think it's something to do with stablising power flow.

More or less, Mike. It takes the pressure off your alternator if you're running big subs and/or amps, you'll know if you need one if your dash or head lights dim during bass hits. Check out this link for a good description.

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General FTO Discussion