A5 - Impressive

Discuss other marques here

Moderator: Moderators

A5 - Impressive

Postby Kace » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:55 pm

I must say - I'm really drawn to the look of the A5 with those daytime driving lights. It looks like the devil coming up behind you when you're being stalked by one of these. The pattern of the LEDs and the size of them looks great IMHO.

A4 on the other hand has a sort of wavy pattern with mini LEDS - looks like a damp squib in comparison to the A5 big brother.

Nice machine - one for my list of FTO replacements some day - especially S5 8)
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Myfeckin FTO » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:56 pm

I've already been through the above stage but recently have started to think that the styling is already starting to date - and dynamically the A5 won't be much better to drive than an A4 - same drivetrain and floorplan etc. Once the boyracers get hold of the Audi LED front light look we'll have another "Lexarse" lights affair which'll def kill it off.
While I still prefer the looks of the A5 - in all other areas the equivalent BMW 3 series coupe has it beat plus you're not far off Porsche Cayman money.

S5? - Not while theres a 2nd hand RS4 to be had for similar money.
Myfeckin FTO
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:18 am

Myfeckin FTO wrote:I've already been through the above stage but recently have started to think that the styling is already starting to date - and dynamically the A5 won't be much better to drive than an A4 - same drivetrain and floorplan etc. Once the boyracers get hold of the Audi LED front light look we'll have another "Lexarse" lights affair which'll def kill it off.
While I still prefer the looks of the A5 - in all other areas the equivalent BMW 3 series coupe has it beat plus you're not far off Porsche Cayman money.

S5? - Not while theres a 2nd hand RS4 to be had for similar money.

Agreed the Audi front led thing is just a novelty but it does look good. Every dog and his mother will have to tick the front led option when buying an A4, so that it will look like an A5. :roll: As per myfeckinFTO once the boy racers destroy the look it'll become tired and anti social.
The A5 is a great looking car IMO, but stock audi's are very detached to drive, and I'd expect this is no different.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mustang » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:37 am

A5

A4

R8
Post edited
Last edited by Mustang on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Kace » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:42 am

Mustang wrote:Agreed the Audi front led thing is just a novelty but it does look good. Every dog and his mother will have to tick the front led option when buying an A4, so that it will look like an A5.

Yeah, but take a look at the A4 LED setup. It's a sort of a gay wavy design with piddly little LEDs. The A5 has a menacing sporty design like the R8 with fat chunky LEDs that you can see a mile off - I think it looks very sharp.
Last edited by Kace on Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby TopCat » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:47 am

:oops: ...
I have to admit I kinda wanted to do something like that to the headlights in the FTO, well, more AM V8 Vantage than A4/5, but guess that puts me in the "anti-social" crew. Unfortunately, I agree completely that every civic etc will have them soon enough as per the "angel eyes", but I still think the proper ones on 3series coupes and 5series look savage.
As for the A5, I've really liked it from the get go, but there is a subtleness to the design that could make it date quick. Then again, the VW corrado has a subtle design, and I still really like it for some reason. :roll:
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Mustang » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:55 am

TopCat wrote::oops: ...
I have to admit I kinda wanted to do something like that to the headlights in the FTO, well, more AM V8 Vantage than A4/5, but guess that puts me in the "anti-social" crew. Unfortunately, I agree completely that every civic etc will have them soon enough as per the "angel eyes", but I still think the proper ones on 3series coupes and 5series look savage.
As for the A5, I've really liked it from the get go, but there is a subtleness to the design that could make it date quick. Then again, the VW corrado has a subtle design, and I still really like it for some reason. :roll:

It's ok TC we all have chav tendencies to some extent, you just need to keep them under control :smt045
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mickthepieman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:00 pm

Have a look at these.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 26_fvi%3D1

thinking of getting a set of these myself.
Mickthepieman
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby Marie » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:43 pm

You can get then for the FTO you know too? Not sure how they'd look but I'll let somebody else try it first! :lol:
When you're good, you're good....... but when you're great you're ME
Marie
Nothing comes between me and my FTO
Nothing comes between me and my FTO

Return to Other Cars