Car Locking Problem

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Car Locking Problem

Postby walshs3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:34 am

Hey people,had a problem with my locks this evening. The car was running and i got out of the car (closed the door),went around to the passenger side to open it (was now locked along with the drivers side. Luckily i had left the window down a bit so was able to open the lock from inside the car. Any idea what i should be looking at in order to fix this. Another thing ive noticed in the past week or so is you have to wiggle the key a bit in the lock in order to open it, car is a gpvr if that makes any difference.
walshs3
1st gear
1st gear

Re: Car Locking Problem

Postby optical illusion » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:44 pm

With regard the wiggling - is it freezing perhaps?
ImageImage
optical illusion
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby walshs3 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:00 am

Its a small possibility but not likely, its like i have to move the key a bit extra up or doown to get it to open, like its worn and theres more space in the lock or maybe somethings loose in the lock itself. Have been in the car a few times today and the locks acted as normal. Could any sort of loose wiring be causing this does anyone know?
walshs3
1st gear
1st gear

Postby goz_83 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:13 pm

The lock might be getting knackered. Happened my wifes punto, as there was no central locking. Years of use can wear it down, especially if a previous owner was a bit rough with her ;)

My bro might be breaking his GS (to fund the repair of the GR I sold him), so if you need a full set of locks and ignition barrel, there may be some on offer.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:33 am

do you use any alarm with central locking ?

On my clifford if I got out of the car with the engine running it would lock the door by itself
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Return to General FTO Discussion