TrakM8

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

TrakM8

Postby adrian » Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:05 pm

Anyone used one or similar? Thinking it's a cool gadget to get?!

http://www.btinternet.com/~markhorton/p ... km8/tm.htm
adrian
Super FTO aficionado!
Super FTO aficionado!

Postby keville » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:25 pm

Hey Adrian,

Stay clear of it for now. This unit has only been launched and it is full of faults. In theory it is brilliant but practically its a disaster. I drive for a courier company and they are trying this system. Out of 80 vans they fitted 20 with this system and only five of the vans have had no problems. One of the guys van came to a halt on a bend in the arsehole of cavan because the trak8 is connected to the fuel shut off and today i had to get a technician down from dublin to fix my van because there was a problem with the immobiliser to which the trak8 is also connected. If they do get this system working properly i'll post it up as it is very good if it could do the job they say it can.

If your car is robbed they can shut down the engine by numerous ways simply by sending a signal via the sim card they also have a key card that immobilises the car if the card is more than four metres away, I was really impressed by the guy who fitted mine last week (sound bloke) I was talking to him about getting one for my gr (which he couldn't get over how good it looked) and he advised me to wait as it has a heck of a lot of teething problems.

Anyway hope this sheds a bit of light on this one for you and i definately will get one when they sort it out. :wink:

Keville
keville
Octane king
Octane king

Return to General FTO Discussion