Help Please!!

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Help Please!!

Postby Stephen » Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:27 pm

Hi Lads,

I recently became the proud owner of a Black GR - I need some advise from you experts, the head lights seem to dip and rise when the car is driving aswell as when it's parked - the car idle's a bit strange and makes a weird noise when it's in park!!! Any idea's to what this could be - i thought it could be a problem with the power supply but i already got the alternator replaced so im lost - any ideas lads - cheers
Stevo
Stephen

Re: Help Please!!

Postby Daz » Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:31 am

Stephen wrote:Hi Lads,

I recently became the proud owner of a Black GR - I need some advise from you experts, the head lights seem to dip and rise when the car is driving aswell as when it's parked - the car idle's a bit strange and makes a weird noise when it's in park!!! Any idea's to what this could be - i thought it could be a problem with the power supply but i already got the alternator replaced so im lost - any ideas lads - cheers

I'm guessing that what you think is the lights dipping and rising when parked is actually the light getting bright then dim when the power is being drained quicker from the fan or aircon cutting in, but even so this shouldn't be happening , but thats what it sounds like.

I'm guessing you have i Tiptronic since you say " the car idle's a bit strange and makes a weird noise when it's in park!!! " But could you be more specific as to what type of noise it makes.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Return to FTO Technical