Icelle Blue Mivec Update

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Icelle Blue Mivec Update

Postby goz_83 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:42 pm

Emailed them and they say they are waiting for bulk order and hope to have the HIDS in stock in next 10 days. Odd that they were listed as "in stock" at the time. I also asked about the dash dress up kit and hopefully they will have in a months time. Xmas gift to myself :)
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby d_dan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:22 pm

Nice one.
Sounds like its coming along well
d_dan
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:17 pm

OK....So I have ordered:
Opie Oils:
1) pack of Denso Iridium Power Spark Plugs (IK22)
2) Motul 8100 fully synthetic oil 5W-40
3) Motul Gear 300 75W-90 racing gearbox diff lube

Camskill:
1)Cambelt Kit GPX (timing/Alt/PS)

JapParts (ebay):
1) Water Pump

At a cost of circa €350, I am very tempted to claim the VAT back by claiming it's for company vehicle use. I would have have to slap a web address on the rear window at least (something I was considering anyway) in order to keep it legit. Would save me €70 on the above items alone and then there's the labour and other parts to come. The car sits outside my office when i am seeing clients and I imagine it gets plenty of looks, so wouldn't be a bad idea. Thoughts?
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:22 pm

If you're buying from the UK you should give them your vat number at the point of purchase.
That way it's not a matter of claiming it back, you're never charged it.

Also, isn't buying from three places costing you more in P&P?
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby goz_83 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Yeah, I only thought about the VAT thing AFTER I ordered. Silly, I know. I also ordered stuff on separate days, but the difference in postage I have to say is tiny, because some things were cheaper in other places. I just received my stuff from Camskill. When everything arrives, it's off to the garage to get her serviced. I might do some of the stuff myself, but no way will I touch belts, unless they're attached to a beautiful woman. :lol:
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Just got a mail from ftooc to say that my HIDs will be posted tomorrow and that they have also refunded me by (a secret amount) because they got a better bulk deal from the manufacturer. Very happy with that.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby goz_83 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:03 pm

I ordered approx £125 worth of stuff from Opie Oils and I don't see a discount anywhere on my order. I received the stuff this week and I mailed them about this and had no reply all week.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Previous

Return to General FTO Discussion