finally got an FTO

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

finally got an FTO

Postby Chris_Heilong » Wed May 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Got my FTO today. Bought from Gerry(same as a good few on here), Real nice guy. The car is in alright condition, nice loud sound from the exhaust pipe when I start her, I will need to replace the brakes as they are almost non existent and Gerry was good enough to give me an original spoiler in grey, will have to get it sprayed white as I think the veilside spoiler on the car at the minute is a bit flashy. All in all I am proud to be a real member of the club.
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Re: finally got an FTO

Postby Bernard » Wed May 02, 2012 9:40 pm

Congratulations, she's looking well.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StewyD32 » Wed May 02, 2012 9:54 pm

congrats and best of luck. Car looks tidy.
I'd agree with you on the spoiler
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby Sebastian » Wed May 02, 2012 10:13 pm

:mrgreen: great purchase !
Finally a member Chris , congrats
where are your signal lights are they fitted where the fogs should be ?
hmm,
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Chris_Heilong » Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 pm

Sebastian wrote::mrgreen: great purchase !
Finally a member Chris , congrats
where are your signal lights are they fitted where the fogs should be ?
hmm,

yes, there is also an additional fog light on the rear. It has a clifford alarm installed but the thing is temperamental and will not always work, think its just a case of the remote fob running out of battery but on a plus at least it seems to be almost impossible to steal. The plan so far is to upgrade breaks, change spoiler, get cream leatherette seats, get a new central console and change to white alloys(maybe enkie like you see on some Civic type R)
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Looking sweet. My Topmix spoiler will be for sale pretty soon. If you wanted it, I am selling for €80. Personally I don't like it blocking the rear view, but it does look really cool.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Thu May 03, 2012 12:46 am

Thanks Goz but will be looking to fit the original spoiler, I have some white paint that was left over from when Gerry was doing work on Baldricks old car. Will see how it turns out, otherwise will get a professional spray done. The car is lowered already and I noticed a few bangs and bumps going over steep ramps. it has an after market exhaust which looks like the original but is much thicker, kind of like one side of your quad exhaust Gary. The engine is not as clean as I would like it to be, my honda is over 10 years old and still looks new, this one is 14 years old but looks like it has been around a lot longer, also I know it is considered a small car but I feel it is very heavy until you get the car rolling where as my civic(1.5l, 5 door 105hp@1170kg) always felt nippy even from a dead stop, not complaining just saying its different.
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:26 am

Maybe I will take it for a quick spin and see. I've been in enough ftos to know if it feels right, but I am sure it's all good. It's a nice looking car from the pics. Hope it brings plenty of joy. You're better off getting a pro job done on the spoiler. It looks crap otherwise. My spoiler looks great until you see the dull and crackling paint work on it. You might also find the boot lid needs work after you remove that other spoiler.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby StewyD32 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:46 am

goz_83 wrote:I've been in enough ftos to know if it feels right

Yeah ya have.... You like a little FTO slut. :wink:
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby goz_83 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:55 am

StewyD32 wrote:
goz_83 wrote:I've been in enough ftos to know if it feels right

Yeah ya have.... You like a little FTO slut. :wink:

Monogomy is for marriage. I've got that already. If only FTOs had offspring like the missus, I'd have my own fleet.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Thu May 03, 2012 9:05 pm

yeah your welcome to take a spin anytime.
Chris_Heilong

Return to General FTO Discussion