Happy days

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Happy days

Postby Bernard » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:48 pm

My renewal quote came in the door the other day so I sat down with the phone book today to try and beat it.

I was quoted €725 for fully comp. with Eagle star through Britton (my current insurer)
AIG quoted €670 through Payless but ES knocked a tenner off that to keep my business. That's with full bonus protection.

On the other side of the spectrum I was quoted €1755 by Abbey, €1709 by Carol Nash and €1690 by Axa.

As a matter of interest, Quinn were adamant that they wouldn't touch me on the FTO even when I said I know people who have FTOs insured with them.
Sure enough, I couldn't get an on line quote from them either... :roll:

Anyway, all's well that ends well, I'm delighted with €660 :D
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dragonheart » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:06 pm

Thats unreal cause I just got mine in yesterday from Quinn! And I told them it was an import and thats usually one of the questions that they refuse you on.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Happy days

Postby Kace » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:19 pm

Bernard wrote:My renewal quote came in the door the other day so I sat down with the phone book today to try and beat it.

I was quoted €725 for fully comp. with Eagle star through Britton (my current insurer)
AIG quoted €670 through Payless but ES knocked a tenner off that to keep my business. That's with full bonus protection.

On the other side of the spectrum I was quoted €1755 by Abbey, €1709 by Carol Nash and €1690 by Axa.

As a matter of interest, Quinn were adamant that they wouldn't touch me on the FTO even when I said I know people who have FTOs insured with them.

Anyway, all's well that ends well, I'm delighted with €660 :D

Great quote Bernard - what personal stats is the quote based upon and are you still with Britton ?
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:49 pm

Kace wrote:Great quote Bernard - what personal stats is the quote based upon and are you still with Britton ?

I'm 29 ('til next month), 6 years NCB and a full licence since 2001.
I also have the wife as a named driver, the car is garaged overnight in Co. Limerick and yes, still with Britton. :D
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ikeane » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:12 pm

Bernard wrote:Quinn were adamant that they wouldn't touch me on the FTO even when I said I know people who have FTOs insured with them.

:smt120 :smt101 :smt042
ikeane
FTO is my life
FTO is my life

Postby mcgon1979 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:47 pm

don't understand this Quinn thing... Im with them for 850 fully comp protected. Although after my bumper tip in august I think they will dump me in march when my renewal comes in. no dount it will be 2000euro now.

I have protected my 5 years no claims, so Im hoping I can take 5 years no claims away from them. Someone told me I cannot and in fact its only protected with quinn, so as far as any other company is concerned I have had a claim. :( that sucks. you wonder why you bother pay the extra to "protect" your no claims, because quinn tell me my insurance will rise regardless of protection or not. It just won't rise as much. sounds BS to me. The insurance regulator told me to call him back when I get a new quote and he will contact them if neccessary. Watch this space.
:evil:
mcgon1979
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Bernard » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:23 pm

I was with QD before and never had any problems, all be it without a claim.
The fact is I've heard so little to reccomend them that I'd only have gone with them had there been a BIG difference in premiums, I didn't expect a flat "No" though...
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Motor Insurance