2 car policy

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

2 car policy

Postby CJ » Thu May 19, 2005 11:43 am

Scenario: Say I wanted to keep my FTO and get another motor, in other words I want to have two cars at my disposal. Short of getting a trade policy or having the missus as the main driver (already has her own policy), what options do I have? Is there any company in the country that do tailored policies? I know Daz was trying to do something similar in the past and had some difficulty, I'd be interested to know if things have moved on since then.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Thu May 19, 2005 11:48 am

switch your policy to us for a start!! :wink:

but i don't honestly know about this, you definitely wouldn't get it with the likes of Quinn!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Thu May 19, 2005 12:58 pm

Dave wrote:switch your policy to us for a start!! :wink:

but i don't honestly know about this, you definitely wouldn't get it with the likes of Quinn!

You're too expensive Dave!(admittedly, my premium is very competitive) Agreed on the QD front, they're brutal full stop. I'd appreciate if you could look into this option if you get a chance.

CJ
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Thu May 19, 2005 2:09 pm

What i can do is double check that if you're with Quinn, we could basically take over your policy, wouldn't cost you anything else and then come renewal we'd do all the searching and stuff......
might also be an option, plus you'd have the advantage of dealing with a broker rather than a big insurance company!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby ronbyrne » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:20 pm

i'm way too late on this one, but i had to sell my fto because i had 2 cars and had to have 2 insurance policys one of which could not have any no claims discount applied to it, absolute crazy but what can you do ?
ronbyrne

Return to Motor Insurance