Fuel Gauge, air con and induction kits!

General FTO discussion only

Moderator: Moderators

Fuel Gauge, air con and induction kits!

Postby msmorrissey » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:19 pm

Hi all,
My fuel gauge is stuck on 1/4 full, any Idea how to solve this?
Also is it possible to change the colour of the air con unit, as all my dials and stereo are red, unit looks out of place.
And finally! would fitting a induction kit to my GS make any difference, how much would it cost and is it easy to fit?
cheers
stephen
msmorrissey
Speed freak
Speed freak

Re: Fuel Gauge, air con and induction kits!

Postby soc » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:05 pm

msmorrissey wrote:Hi all,
Also is it possible to change the colour of the air con unit, as all my dials and stereo are red, unit looks out of place.

why not get some interior color spray and color code the aircon surround?

msmorrissey also wrote:And finally! would fitting a induction kit to my GS make any difference, how much would it cost and is it easy to fit?
cheers
stephen

I had a GS which had a Quickshift stainless cone filter fitted but I had a decat fitted as well not to mention the powerflow exhaust. There were some improvements but nothing astonishing, mainly the car was more responsive. The intake noise was increased as well which was nice (but not nice enough to warrant fitting alone) - If you are going to fit an induction kit you should also get a decat pipe and thing about getting a free flow cat-back exhaust. From my experiences of the GS you really need to look at getting some performance manifolds and bored out throttle bodies for any really impressive gains - check out RPW for some tuning ideas (www.rpw.com.au) or check out Ciaran's post about the irish distributers for rpw.

But FYI I just fitted the dogs of an induction kit to my GR, only cost 90 sterling ( which is reasonable for a complete induction kit) and it looks brilliant. You can get it from Funky Products and it should also fit the GS (best check with Chris at FP).

You can see it
here

[/url][/code]
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Fuel Gauge, air con and induction kits!

Postby Daz » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:53 am

msmorrissey wrote:Hi all,
shane wrote:

why not get some interior color spray and color code the aircon surround?

And if it isn't the surround your talking about but the display changing to red then yes it can be done as i have it done.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby msmorrissey » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:57 am

sorry it's actually the backlighting I was talking about, is it possible to change the bulbs?

also any ideas regarding my stuck fuel gauge?
msmorrissey
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby Daz » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:36 am

msmorrissey wrote:sorry it's actually the backlighting I was talking about, is it possible to change the bulbs?

also any ideas regarding my stuck fuel gauge?

Yes it is possible to change the backlighting to red, i have it done. as reguards the stuck fule guage, did you take out the console lately???
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby msmorrissey » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:01 pm

about a month ago changed all the dials, it had been working fine up to last week!!
is it easy to change the bulbs in air con unit?
msmorrissey
Speed freak
Speed freak

Postby Daz » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:18 pm

msmorrissey wrote:about a month ago changed all the dials, it had been working fine up to last week!!

Are you sure it was working or are you only now noticeing that it isn't working :?:

msmorrissey wrote: is it easy to change the bulbs in air con unit?

Yea very easy, you have to remove the gear suround panal unscrew the two philips screws under the air con unit then it should pull forward out of the clips holding it in place, move it out a small bit and pull of the air temp sensor pipe and unclip the electrical connections and you can then remove the aircon unit fully, the bulbs are just twist and remove type then reassemble in reverse order making sure you get the air temp sensor pipe connected :!: :!: very important :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Daz

Return to General FTO Discussion