Icelle with silver stripes

Spotted an FTO on the road recently? Post times and locations here.

Moderator: Moderators

Icelle with silver stripes

Postby goz_83 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Saw an Icelle blue fto with two go faster stripes in silver over the car. oe spoiler. Didn't catch any other details, because I was shocked to see another icelle blue fto. It was on the Grange road in dublin 13 coming from baldoyle to donaghmede. Anyone ever seen this one? Was at 4:10pm today
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Icelle with silver stripes

Postby StewyD32 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Did it have dotz alloys?
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby goz_83 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:30 pm

I didn't see. I had to look twice to make sure it was blue :shock:
I caught a glimpse just as it went by.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby colm_mcm » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:01 am

Wasn't this for sale for huge money last year?
colm_mcm

Postby StewyD32 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:06 am

Yeah that's the one. Was up for €8,500 then dropped to €5,500
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby goz_83 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:07 am

It looked like it hadn't been washed in months. The dirt build up was noticeable. I was just a bit disappointed, as I hadn't seen or heard of other icelle blues on irish roads. However, mine turns to purple in strong sunlight, so it's not quite the same :wink:
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby StewyD32 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:38 am

I posted a picture of it ages ago when it was on say to laugh at the price it was more of a purple colour than blue if I remember correctly.
I seen one Icelle blue one flying around cork, but haven't seen it in ages.
Keep seeing that bumble bee one though.
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby goz_83 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:54 pm

I just spotted it for sale!! It's a GR and he's asking for 2.5k.....watch it drop. He is also bullshyting about the weekend only driving. It was a Tuesday when I spotted it.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3842319
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:25 pm

Call him and offer him €50, he dose say ** BARGAIN HAS TO GO **
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong
I prefer my FTO to the missus

Postby goz_83 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:54 am

I did text him to say that it was a nice icelle blue GR, of which I am aware of only 2 in that colour....but mentioned that I had the Mivec one :)

I said I saw him driving it on Tuesday, so there goes the weekend driving claim.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:36 am

goz_83 wrote:I did text him to say that it was a nice icelle blue GR, of which I am aware of only 2 in that colour....but mentioned that I had the Mivec one :)

I said I saw him driving it on Tuesday, so there goes the weekend driving claim.

Being a 99 its a Gx .
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby goz_83 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:46 am

Sebastian wrote:
goz_83 wrote:I did text him to say that it was a nice icelle blue GR, of which I am aware of only 2 in that colour....but mentioned that I had the Mivec one :)

Being a 99 its a Gx .

I see. Thanks for that. Why would the owner have it listed as a GR then? You'd think he would know. And why do I want to buy it? :mrgreen: but I won't. No way. Maybe if the price went to 1k I'd take it. The 99GX my brother has ended up being €950 in the end and that's with Quad exhausts....but the mileage would be higher (assuming no clicking has occurred).
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Chris_Heilong » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:14 pm

goz_83 wrote:
Sebastian wrote:

Being a 99 its a Gx .

I see. Thanks for that. Why would the owner have it listed as a GR then? You'd think he would know. And why do I want to buy it? :mrgreen: but I won't. No way. Maybe if the price went to 1k I'd take it. The 99GX my brother has ended up being €950 in the end and that's with Quad exhausts....but the mileage would be higher (assuming no clicking has occurred).

Because it is easier to insure as a GR on the insurers system
White 98 GX, HID lights, SS Exhaust, 17" BK racing Alloys, lowered Suspension, Veilside rear bumper, illuminated Door handles, Leatherette seats
Chris_Heilong

Postby goz_83 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:08 pm

I notice the seller has bumped his ad and changed it a bit. Notable to me is the part where is said "only driven weekends" has been changed to "mainly driven weekends", since i mentioned I saw him driving on a Tuesday. Tempted to lob in an offer, as it does look nice and it is a manual and the mileage is probably genuine. But the owner wouldn't be happy with me offering 1k would he? Even at that, i'd be scraping the cash together. I'm too addicted to these bloody cars.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Spotted