Britton

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Britton

Postby StewyD32 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:03 pm

maybe we should start our insurance company and fto-Ireland members get a 99% discount :smt007
Silver 97 Mirage Asti V coupe
Burgundy 95 GR
Silver 95 GPX
StewyD32
Full Throttle Owner!
Full Throttle Owner!

Postby Bernard » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:31 pm

Aido C wrote:Before I got an FTO I was insured with Eagle Star through Britton. When I bought the car I rang Britton to transfer my insurance they said they would have to check with Eagle Star first. Eagle Star declined the transfer of insurance. I don't blame Britton at all for this as they are only a broker. It was Eagle Star that cancelled the policy and didn't give me all the money I was due back from the policy, at first. I investigated it and asked for a printed copy of the calculations to take to the financial regulator. Funnily enough they instantly recognised the error and sent another cheque in the post:)

Britton got me a quote with XS direct when Eagle star refused to cover me on the FTO.

That's just about the opposite of my experience. :?
I moved from Quinn to Eaglestar (through Britton) before I got the FTO because they gave me the best FTO quote.
I have renewed twice with them now because noone comes near them come renewal.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kace » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:21 am

Dragonheart wrote:
Kace wrote:Skype is your friend. Costs less than 2c per min orthereabouts.

Didn't think of that. Anytime I've used it for ringing back home though, with the video thing, it often cuts out and the sound goes and breaks up, wonder would it be different if calling to a phone as opposed to a pc though? Might be an option all right. Good thinking.

Sorry for Off Topic :oops:

- Don't use the video option, it eats bandwidth
- I always phone from Skype to normal phones in NZ, it's not free but still unbelievably cheap
- Finally, just started using SkypeToGo, allows you to call a local number from your mobile then it connects you via Skype to your contact. Allows flexibility of using your mobile (cheap local call) while still offering super cheap Skype calls to NZ. I now phone parents on mobile from Ireland to NZ from my car on the way into work for the price of a local mobile call 8)
| Silver 95 GPX Manual | 20 years MIVEC experience |
| Silver 09 Audi A5 | 2.0 TDI quattro S-Line Special Edition |
| Blue 04 Audi A4 Avant | 1.9 TDI S-Line | (wifemobile)
Kace
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Aido C » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Bernard wrote:
That's just about the opposite of my experience. :?
I moved from Quinn to Eaglestar (through Britton) before I got the FTO because they gave me the best FTO quote.
I have renewed twice with them now because noone comes near them come renewal.

That's strange. Maybe I just didn't fit there criteria at the time. I was 27 with 3 years no claims.
My insurance is up in 2 weeks so I'm starting to shop around a little now. Axa quoted me but they were looking for crazy money. I'll try Quinn and Eagle star again. Last year XS direct were the only one that would cover me. It's nice to have a few options.
Aido C
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?
Have you seen my FTO tattoo?

Postby Sebastian » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:28 pm

no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Dragonheart » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:30 pm

Sebastian wrote:did you try http://nononsense.ie/

I didn't. Never even heard of them to be honest! Just opening it up now! Cheers Seb.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:47 pm

Just tried the online thing and it started off positive, €441 fully comp, then I had to put in the car details and it was the usual bull that came up. But might give them a ring as well, see what they say. Its absolutely ridiculous that they all haven't got a clue about cars, and put the FTO in such a high bracket! Wrecking my head!
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Bernard » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:33 am

There's a few numbers in this thread that might help.
http://www.fto-ireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9139

The massive difference in quotes just proves how random a thing your premium can be.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby colm_mcm » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:16 pm

nononsense.ie don't cover FTOs. (well they didn't when I tried last year)

They have a nonsensical quote system which is just based on engine size. With the ads they run on the radio mocking insurance companies attitudes to male drivers, driving 2 litre cars, you'd at least think they'd cover an FTO :evil:
colm_mcm

Postby Dragonheart » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:40 pm

colm_mcm wrote:nononsense.ie don't cover FTOs. (well they didn't when I tried last year)

They have a nonsensical quote system which is just based on engine size. With the ads they run on the radio mocking insurance companies attitudes to male drivers, driving 2 litre cars, you'd at least think they'd cover an FTO :evil:

Ya its a joke of a thing, saying they can get insurance for a certain amount and then you name the car and its a change of heart? Twats. No basis for it either, they listed a pile of reasons they wouldnt quote and none of them was anything I had declared so what proof have they that any of them are true?

Might try your list Bernard, its got a lot of info on it, hopefully I'll get some bit of success off it! Its getting close now so want it sorted asap!
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Dragonheart » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:57 pm

Have a few quotes from places, (via a lot of help from Bernard, thanks for that!), and its ridiculous so far.
The cheapest one has been an online one by Quinn which I cant get working again! At 866. Next was 1200, and then its 2K from 2 places!
I'm 30 for christs sake! Have a licence for over 10 years, 4 years NCB! And its a 2L car not a frigging rocket induced Veyron!! How can they claim they're 'regulated by the financial authority' when its clear they're as corrupt as Stalin or Hitler!!
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Sebastian » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:39 am

Dragonheart wrote:And its a 2L car not a frigging rocket induced Veyron!!

I'm willing to bet that you'll insure the Veyron cheaper and quicker then the FTO :mrgreen:
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby Dragonheart » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:02 am

You probably would you know!
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Previous

Return to Motor Insurance