Keyword stuffing beyond a joke

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Keyword stuffing beyond a joke

Postby goz_83 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:39 am

We've all seen the ads on donedeal with a ford fiesta (for example) for sale and at the bottom of the ad, the seller stuffs every make and model of car he can think of into the ad. Well I regularly search FTO on done deal and the following ad popped up, which made me laugh. I wanted to call the owner about his unusual looking FTO.

linky
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Keyword stuffing beyond a joke

Postby Bernard » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:56 pm

I mailed Donedeal about that carry on just the other day and got this response:

DoneDeal wrote:Hi Bernard,

Thanks for contacting us.
We are have recently updated our system to stop any new ads been published with multiple search words.

In the meantime, all ads with multiple search words/brand names are having the text removed from their ad as many of our customers have contacted us about ads appearing in wrong categories, which is caused by the multiple search words.
However if you would like to report any ads you see with multiple search words please select the report ad option which is located to the right hand side of the ad in the blue box.

It looks like they were right because the ad you posted looks clean to me.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby goz_83 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Indeed. It wasn't when I posted about it. It looked a boxy to pass for an fto. I hope they keep on top of this, but there are ways around what they are doing.

On the other hand, there is still plenty needing to be done. Any search will show up a load of unrelated stuff. Again, I typed fto a few moments ago and a bmw alloy shows up. A Merc engine too and loads of other random pieces of garbage. Look at all the keywords there!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/carparts/3710944
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mitsinut » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:29 pm

What I want to know is, who "Dreams" about a "1998 swift rapide 440 glx 4 berth"????
Mitsinut
Octane king
Octane king

Postby goz_83 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:38 pm

Mitsinut wrote:What I want to know is, who "Dreams" about a "1998 swift rapide 440 glx 4 berth"????

To answer your question would not be PC
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Mitsinut » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:00 pm

PC :roll: !!!!!.....Just because you thought of that first, does that make you a racist?

I'm telling :k ...........
Mitsinut
Octane king
Octane king

Postby goz_83 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:17 pm

Mitsinut wrote:PC :roll: !!!!!.....Just because you thought of that first, does that make you a racist?

I'm telling :k ...........

No. I hate everyone equally. But it's easier to stand beside someone who has showered recently :lol:

oooh...i'm bad. Time to get my coat. terrible...terrible stuff. :k :nwor
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Off Topic