(Wanted) Leather Seats/Interior

Use this forum to buy or sell your FTO or FTO parts (Private adverts only)

Moderator: Moderators

(Wanted) Leather Seats/Interior

Postby vilgax » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi Guys, I am looking for real leather seats/covers for a Passion Red FTO so ideally all black or red/black!

Thanks Guys, R
vilgax

Re: (Wanted) Leather Seats/Interior

Postby Daz » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:52 am

I have a full interiour for sale door cards the works , black with red inserts with black fto logo stitched into red inserts. Only problem is i'm in England i can only imagine shipping that lot to ireland would cost lots of £€£€£€ can take pic's on saturday if your still interested.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive, anyway.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz
Financially Troubled & Overdrawn!

Postby vilgax » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:57 am

Hi Daz, many thanks. Would appreciate seeing photos and a price - definitely real leather not PU? Would it be worth it to take them off the seats and ship as covers or is it tough to get them to fit well? Maybe there is a ferry trip in my future! Thanks, R
vilgax

Postby Daz » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:55 pm

vilgax wrote:Hi Daz, many thanks. Would appreciate seeing photos and a price - definitely real leather not PU? Would it be worth it to take them off the seats and ship as covers or is it tough to get them to fit well? Maybe there is a ferry trip in my future! Thanks, R

Vilgax, Oh they are real leather alright in fantastic condition considering how long i've had them, no rips or tears, there is a slight scuff mark on the drivers seat on sidepod upright have photo of it, see pic below. but that will be gone soon have ordered stuff called liquid leather to repair/treat scuff mark (mate used it on his triumph stags leather interiour and it came up fantastic) so have ordered the tester bottle size to do the side pod. The covers probably come away alright the fronts do have a zip to the rear of the seat see pic below, not sure on the rear seats. But i wouldn't like to try and them damage them. One way to go if not wanting a ferry trip would be a cheap ryanair flight to liverpool to remove them yourself and ship back...just a thought, that way if you damage them taking of or refitting you know its been done by yourself. (Thou mine is also a passion red so if you ferry it you might see something else you want for example custom quad exhaust which i'll be selling with the precut bumper to suit thrown in)(cheekly trying to sell you other stuff too :lol: :lol: )

The only things that would consist as issues are 1 the fto stitching in the drivers seat is showing some wear comepared to other seats see 2 pics below to compare difference . Now a way to get round that to stop the red leather showing thru would probably be a black permenant marker, but haven't done that as wouldn't want to con you. The final thing i would consider an issue is the drivers side door card. It looks like the adhesive has given way. Guessing heat from sun while car laid up as passenger side protected by the garden wall you can see from the pics below its bubbled up away from the doorcard and slipped around the top corner. Probably easy to fix with a can of adhesive spray, or getting an interiour fitter to redo..

It cost me just over £1,600.00 ( well it was in reality over £2K if i factored in the ferry and 2 nights hotel... the things you do for your babies eh??) But i'll sell for £500 and with the issue of the doorcard can can understand if you dont want them so just the seats minus doorcards and centre bin £425

Full interiour shot

Rears

Front passenger with doorcard and centre bin

Drivers doorcard showing bubbling and corner slip

Drivers seat stitching showing wear

Sample of the rest of the seats stitching

Scuff mark on drivers seat which i will treat.
18 yrs an owner presently on my 4th a Manual Gpx with twin turbo conversion, in Daytona Blue
Daz

Postby Daz » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:56 pm

Sorry don't know how to flip the pics the right way up
Daz

Postby vilgax » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Hi Daz, many thanks for the pictures, interior really looks excellent! I think your instincts about not removing the covers are probably correct, lots of work and perhaps damage, but given all of your experience I would have complete confidence you would do it perfectly! I have checked the ferry and its about €400 which makes it a pretty expensive upgrade in the scheme of what the car needs- I was hoping to have the covers in Dublin for about €400 which now looks unreasonable!! It is possible that I will be over on the ferry for work before the end of the summer and will send you a PM if it works out to see if you still have the interior. Many thanks, Robert
vilgax

Postby goz_83 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:05 am

From experience, the leather seats are a right pain to install. So I would not recommend it. Better to take the whole lot. That door card is easily repaired alright with some leather adhesive and pressure applied while it adheres. It couldn't be that expensive to have posted. I had 2 windows shipped to Dublin from the UK on a pallet for about £100. The weight was about 300kg and they were stacked like an apex roof. They took up much more space than a full fto interior would, as they were 1m x 2m each. Might be worth getting a couple of quotes.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Daz » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:09 am

vilgax wrote:Hi Daz, many thanks for the pictures, interior really looks excellent! I think your instincts about not removing the covers are probably correct, lots of work and perhaps damage, but given all of your experience I would have complete confidence you would do it perfectly! I have checked the ferry and its about €400 which makes it a pretty expensive upgrade in the scheme of what the car needs- I was hoping to have the covers in Dublin for about €400 which now looks unreasonable!! It is possible that I will be over on the ferry for work before the end of the summer and will send you a PM if it works out to see if you still have the interior. Many thanks, Robert

No worries mate.
Was about to advertize that i was breaking down my red fto ( ongoing saga with blue one starting to cost) but i will give you preference till sept till you decide weather you want them or not.
Looking at what goz said after you the shipping route might not be as expensive as i thought it might. Removal of seats intact i can do its the removal of the actual leather that i wouldn't like to do incase its gets damaged. But if you really really want me to do that to save on costs i will (bear in mind what goz said about refitting) but that would be on the condition no complaints if damage does occur. I'll leave decisions to you :D
Daz

Postby Daz » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:10 am

goz_83 wrote:From experience, the leather seats are a right pain to install. So I would not recommend it. Better to take the whole lot. That door card is easily repaired alright with some leather adhesive and pressure applied while it adheres. It couldn't be that expensive to have posted. I had 2 windows shipped to Dublin from the UK on a pallet for about £100. The weight was about 300kg and they were stacked like an apex roof. They took up much more space than a full fto interior would, as they were 1m x 2m each. Might be worth getting a couple of quotes.

Alright mate what company did you use?
Daz

Postby Bernard » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:39 pm

I've heard that fitting the seat covers can be very tricky, there's been a few threads on here over the years that mention it.
Fitting them at all is one thing, getting a tight fit is another. A loosely fitted cover looks awful. If it was me I'd be taking seats too.
Bernard
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby goz_83 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:22 am

Daz wrote:
goz_83 wrote:From experience, the leather seats are a right pain to install. So I would not recommend it. Better to take the whole lot. That door card is easily repaired alright with some leather adhesive and pressure applied while it adheres. It couldn't be that expensive to have posted. I had 2 windows shipped to Dublin from the UK on a pallet for about £100. The weight was about 300kg and they were stacked like an apex roof. They took up much more space than a full fto interior would, as they were 1m x 2m each. Might be worth getting a couple of quotes.

Alright mate what company did you use?

The company I purchased the windows from organised that. Ring around a few places (google "couriers uk to ireland") to get you started. Consider the dimensions of the seats stack on top of eachother (front seats folded flat and sat on the rear seat sections.....lenght x width x height) and then insert weight, which will be well under 100kg. It may be cheaper to book a pallet (supplied by Daz :) ) with the front seat laid side by side with back seat sections on top of each seat. No harm asking.
97 Manual GPX. Icecelle Blue.
Other Stuff: Induction kit. Front Strut. Apex Lowered. 17" Kahns. Quad exhaust. HID lights. Glow dials and rings/cups. Black leather seats. Window tints. Sunroof.
goz_83
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to For Sale