Munster Auto Detail

Use this forum to discuss anything and everything non-FTO related

Moderator: Moderators

Munster Auto Detail

Postby Dragonheart » Sun May 08, 2011 8:58 pm

(I hope this is ok with the mods and CJ, I thought the type of stuff we do might interest some people so decided to post this up if its ok?)

Just said I'd throw up an example of some of the work we can carry out;

The following is a car that came to us with severe overspray on the bonnet. The owner had rust spots on the bonnet and got some paint mixed in Halfords, needless to say the match was absolutely dire. The paint was sprayed on regardless, and he wanted it fixed back to normal. He was looking at getting it resprayed, but was unsure if the match would tie in, so we were asked to take a look at it. It looked pretty bad;

So we set to work, and after a lot of pondering, cursing, and testing, we got half way through the bonnet;

Least we knew where we stood now, and what the process that worked was, so we completed the rest of the bonnet;

Heres a close up of a particularly bad spot before we started the work, note the scratches;

And the same patch after, you can see its the same patch by the location of the windscreen washers, scratches also gone;

By the way, the little white patches on the bonnet are paint chips, and we also had the pleasure of trying to keep loads of tiny leaf thingys from getting in the way of the shots!
Last edited by Dragonheart on Sun May 08, 2011 9:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Re: Munster Auto Detail

Postby paul2508 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:02 pm

WOW!! thats pretty good work.
the difference is unreal.

good work lads :smt023
...Me fail english?..Thats unpossible.....
paul2508
FTO-Ireland rules my world
FTO-Ireland rules my world

Postby Sebastian » Sun May 08, 2011 10:14 pm

Very impressive , nice work ! :nwor
no1. manual GR 96 l no2. tip GR 95 l no3. manual Gpx 95 l no.4 manual Gpx 95 l no.5 manual Gpx 96 l no.6 tip GR 95 - in 2011 took a break from the FTO scene
Sebastian

Postby TopCat » Sun May 08, 2011 11:03 pm

Agreed, very impressive work lads.
I would have thought that was beyond repair! :nwor
TopCat
Fight The Octopus!
Fight The Octopus!

Postby Mustang » Mon May 09, 2011 8:17 pm

Nicely done. That Carina looks like it's been through the wars (as they all do at this stage). Did the owner shell out for treatment of the rest of the car -which I'm sure looked very tired as well? Otherwise I'm thinking that shiney bonnet is going to look very out of place.
Mustang
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby Muad_dib77 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:45 pm

The owner of that car really ought to replace speaker covers and stuff now..

or hurry up and sell while it's still shiny on the outside :-)
Image<->FTO-Ireland Shop
Tiomáint sé cosúil go bhfuil tú déanach i gcás maise!
Muad_dib77

Postby Dragonheart » Mon May 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Mustang wrote:Nicely done. That Carina looks like it's been through the wars (as they all do at this stage). Did the owner shell out for treatment of the rest of the car -which I'm sure looked very tired as well? Otherwise I'm thinking that shiney bonnet is going to look very out of place.

The rest of the car was given a good wash and wax, the doors, rear quarters, and boot were polished as well but not as extensive as the bonnet, they only got swirl removal, it evened out the whole effect of the bonnet correction. The wings were totally sprayed using the Halfords paint so they were left alone, we recommended just getting a respray on the wings as to take all the overspray off it wouldn't have been worth our time or the customers money.
Dragonheart
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Return to Off Topic