Planned Mods - what kind of gains

Technical questions and discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Planned Mods - what kind of gains

Postby soc » Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:52 pm

ok, ok so this is highly subjective if not stupid question but here goes... I'm planning the following mods to a GS and am looking for some feedback on what kind of gains (power or drivability) I should expect to see. The mods are as follows:

- throttle body bored out to 58mm (from 45mm)
- rising rate fuel pressure regulator
- rpw race design manifold (+powerflow exhaust), this manifold has a much longer primary pipe

Anyone any ideas on what changes I can expect - I'm not really looking for figures but does anyone know if I should see a good increase in torque and/or power?

I thought there might be some budding/experienced/expert mechanics who can shed some light :)

cheers
shane
soc
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby CJ » Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:33 am

The UK FTO Owners club tested out a bored out throttle body on a GR and a GPX a few years ago and there was no noticable difference in power.
You should get more power (maybe a few bhp) if you have a free flowing manifold coupled with straight through SS exhaust with cat bypass. I can't comment one the FPR, maybe Rory or someone else here can shed some light on it.

Theres no comparison between modding a GS and a GR\GPX, as you know, the engines are completely different. As you've probably been doing, it makes sense to follow the path taken by others who have modded 4G93 engines. I would suggest that you post a message up on
the forums at www.ftoaustralia.com and www.ftowa.com , there has to be at least one Aussie who has seriously modded a GS who can offer advice.

Have fun

Ciaran
CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to FTO Technical