Awful, awful quotes.

Compare and discuss insurance quotes here (Registered users only)

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Awful, awful quotes.

Postby Wildhound » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:10 pm

To be fair I thought I was being victimized, but it seems like insurance has just gone up for everyone across the board. I had to take the hit and just get the 1600 policy with Quinn, they were still the cheapest by a big margin.

I'm tempted to buy some tiny piece of junk, get insured on that, and put my car in someone else's name. Quinn policies (and most other insurers) let you drive any car as long as you don't own it. I actually have an '88 1.5 Integra sitting in the driveway, hmmm...
[2009] 1995 GPX Manual - Silver (With added WIN™)
[2007] 1995 GPX Manual - Army Camo Green
Wildhound
My first-born will be christened 'MIVEC'

Postby johntony » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:42 pm

carfull with quinn in the small print it say that you can only drive any other car if you are over 25 and i am in excatly the same boat age and ncb wise only diff is 2 points and my policy went up the same 400 yoyos when i checked online there last week renwal is next month
GPvR AREO
johntony
FTO nut!
FTO nut!

Postby Wildhound » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:04 pm

Really? I rang them last year when my car was off the road and asked them if I could drive a friend's car and they said it wasn't a problem :o
[2009] 1995 GPX Manual - Silver (With added WIN™)
[2007] 1995 GPX Manual - Army Camo Green
Wildhound

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Third Party Only though.... so fire and theft wouldn't be covered, nor would any damage to the car resulting in an accident you caused.... If it was as simple as that, I think everyone would do it, I personally wouldn't do it, if you can't afford to insure the car, you shouldn't be driving it!!
Dave
Forever Ticking Over
Forever Ticking Over

Postby gary d » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:35 am

you last option is to email the Irish Insurance Federation and tell them whats goin on! I mean you 23 with 3yrs ncb i know a girl that age with 1yr ncb paying the same for fully comp on a tt supra and i know its the girl thing but thats a HUGE difference in both car and premium cost!

Maybe he should consider gender re-assignment, and the added bonus of never having to queue at the bar while being ignored by the barman who inevitabley will serve the young lady that just bunked the queue beside you despite the fact youv'e allready be waiting half an hour :lol: :smt036 :smt019 just a thought.
99 Subaru Impreza Turbo, 95 Mitsubishi FTO gpx, 2000 Nissan Micra.
gary d
I'm addicted to my FTO
I'm addicted to my FTO

Previous

Return to Motor Insurance